What mantis is this?

chameleoman

Avid Member
Found this guy at work today while i was looking for grasshoppers, Usually grasshoppers are everywhere but only this one mantis and tons of butterflies today. Anyone know what kind it is? I was guessing Chinese?

Attachments

• WP_20130907_009.jpg
    WP_20130907_009.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 117
  • WP_20130907_010.jpg
    WP_20130907_010.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 106
Mantis

It is alittle hard too tell but I am almost positive this is a Carolina praying mantis (Stagmomantis carolina).

Does it really matter. from my past experience with them, it was dead the minute you found it. my chams won't touch a roach, but will fall over themselves trying to get a mantis. they actually have the record in my house for shortest amount of time alive in a cham cage.

Does it really matter. from my past experience with them, it was dead the minute you found it. my chams won't touch a roach, but will fall over themselves trying to get a mantis. they actually have the record in my house for shortest amount of time alive in a cham cage.

Maybe because I'm not feeding it to my chameleon, and I would like to know the species I found in the area.

It's know that Chams go crazy for green colored prey items.

Typically Garden Centers sell the Chines Mantis Oothacas (egg cases), so that is the most common Mantis found throughout the US.

Back
Top Bottom