what locale am i ?

luckyy15

Hi here is my panther cham he is 10 months old and the breeder i brought him off said he is a red bar ambilobe ive had him since he was a month old. but im not so sure

sorry about that dont know what happened there should be attached now :)

Attachments

• johnjo......jpg
    johnjo......jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 174
  • johnjo.....jpg
    johnjo.....jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 195
may sound silly but whos dr gonzo ? i was told he was a red bar ambilobe but im not so sure ill try and take some more pics if you look on my profile there are some better ones of him that it wont let me post again as they have already been previously posted

Looks like a Sambava to me...his barring is almost orange with a yellow background when fired up...I think he is Sambava.

Chris

Hey Chris , haven't seen you around in a bit. Did you look at his pics under his profile? I was thinking the same thing until I saw the first pic in his album where the cham is on his hand. Looks a lot like Ambanja Blue but I guess a clear picture would help :D

Last edited:
Looks like a Sambava to me...his barring is almost orange with a yellow background when fired up...I think he is Sambava.

Chris

Thats a good guess...Now you mention it, I do see what your saying. Also, since you said that I do notice a slight "U" bar. Better pics will help clarify.

Hey Chris , haven't seen you around in a bit. Did you look at his pics under his profile? I was thinking the same thing until I saw the first pic in his album where the cham is on his hand. Looks a lot like Ambanja Blue but I guess a clear picture would help :D

Yea I have been working too much but I still cruise the forums every now and then. You'll see me post most the time on the "what locale and I?" kind of threads...I like those :)

And yea you can get a bit more from his profile pictures. After looking at those he is definitely an east coast chameleon...round rostral process and that mint greenish grey spine. Also he has the large raised whitish scales...honestly I would place him as a Maro. Many times their barring doesn't go bold all the way to the spine...it tends to fade to a dark green where Sambavas tend to be stronger barring to the spine.

Thats my final guess :) I wish we kept tack of the different locales as well as dart frog people...that would make life a lot easier...oh well...awesome none the less.

Just adding a pic for reference - note the rostral process especially!

look-at-me.jpg

Chris

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads up. I just went and checked out the profile pics, that is an Ambanja.

thanks every one for your replies im going to try to take some more pics but the main colours he shows at the moment is blue and green with red bars and red spots on his belly when he sleeps he goes white with just really dominant red bars

looks either amabaja or mix of 2 locales, it does look kind of ankify from the first pic but ankify is close to ambanja

rob

here are some pics i took at the weekend hopefully these are clearer
thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg