What lights to use. Help!

Ch3tt

I'm planning on getting 2 24x24x48 screen cages and was wondering which lighting would be best. i plan on having all live plants and will be keeping Panther Chameleons. I really like the tropical blaze fixtures but don't know which one would be best for my situation, any suggestions would be great! thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply and helping a noob out. Would that be adequate penetration on the 48" depth?? Would a 10.0 be too much?

Yeah i was thinking about doing the 48" quad fixture that could cover both cages. Would i still need a separate heat lamp?

The duel fixture is a good idea. Your chameleon will stay in the upper half of the cage most of the time so the penetration will be fine.

Yeah i was thinking about doing the 48" quad fixture that could cover both cages. Would i still need a separate heat lamp?

Yep, I have the 24" quad and you will be more then happy with it. My cham and plants are doing great under these lights.

I'm using a dome and 75 watt bulb for his basking area.

Well I just ordered the 48" quad fixture. I'm excited to see how it goes!

I just ordered mine as well. Todd was extremely helpful and definitely gave me the info I needed.

Not sure about you, but I'm stoked and can't wait for the delivery!

Tropic blaze is way over priced in my opinion I purchased my t5 ho quad light for 60 bucks with 5 dollars shipping. It came with 4 6500k grow bulbs, and this sucker is bright. Plus its exactly 23 inch so it fits my 24×48 perfect.

Yeah i spoke with Todd as well, we was very good to work with. I can't wait to get the fixture and try it out. i've always been a believer that you get what you pay for. I'm okay paying more if the quality is there.

Tropic blaze is way over priced in my opinion I purchased my t5 ho quad light for 60 bucks with 5 dollars shipping. It came with 4 6500k grow bulbs, and this sucker is bright. Plus its exactly 23 inch so it fits my 24×48 perfect.

I suspect your bulbs are made in China, unlike the Tropic Blaze bulbs which are European made.

I hope you have a light meter so you will know what they are really putting out. UV bulbs start putting out less UVB from the moment they are first turned on. The cheap Chinese bulbs don't last.

The Arcadia lights penetrate deeper than other bulbs and last longer, plus they put out more UVB througout their life.

Not all bulbs are created equal.

Back
Top Bottom