What Lighting Fixtures Should I Use For My Huge Cage

Okay so I've been doing research for about 7 months preparing for the arrival of my panther chameleon and ive actually had a cage be built for my soon to be cham. This new enclosure wont be a small one either, its a little bit smaller than a regular sized door, in height its probably about 6ft and 35 inches wide, 2 feet deep i think. Anyhow I want my cage to be completely set up and perfectly running before my chameleon gets here but there is one thing thats been bugging me and thats what type of lighting fixtures i should get now that this cage is so big. Some people have been telling me to get a mercury vapor UVB but what are anyone elses suggestions? heating and UVB wise? please help.

Okay, the only reason I'm asking is if you get a baby (less than 6" or so), you may need to house them in something smaller for a while so they can hunt effectively. That being said, whatever light you get for your large enclosure may be too strong for a smaller enclosure. It's just something for you to consider. :D

Okay, the only reason I'm asking is if you get a baby (less than 6" or so), you may need to house them in something smaller for a while so they can hunt effectively. That being said, whatever light you get for your large enclosure may be too strong for a smaller enclosure. It's just something for you to consider. :D
i dont plan on getting a baby but that being said i do have a smaller enclosure if the juvenile is still too small, but right now im just worried about the lights for the big enclosure because i already have lights for the smaller one

I would put a 36" linear UVB light and one two two basking lights. OR you can get the small 20 watt metal halide lights and have them spaced out across the cage. Maybe 3.

Back
Top Bottom