What languages do you speak?

ChamomilleCame

Avid Member
So theres been a lot of "get to know each other" threads lately, so I was curious....
So put your languages, one that you are learning and one that you would like to learn :)
I'm gonna start- Spanish and English. I'm [sorta] learning Korean. I only know a few words :eek:
Your turn :D

Ive always wanted to learn Russian, German, and Vietnamese.

I started learning Russian a few years ago, and just did not have the time/patients for such a difficult language then. :p

Maybe I should do that now. :rolleyes:

I have picked up a little Vietnamese from my friends though. :)

I lived in TX for 20+ years, so I know enough Spanish to usually understand what people are saying.

English is the only language Im fluent in though. ;)

I was born in Spain so I'm fluent in Spanish and English, and have an Italian father so I understand it fairly well. If I stay in Italy a whilr I can even start speaking and writing it, but not if I get rusty.

I may have to learn French if it continues to go well with my boyfriend lol It's a language I hated learning as a kid but I may have to learn it to communicate with the inlaws! Lol

I was born in Mexico and i've been living in tx for almost 8 years. So, hablo español bien y lo escucho mejor LOL, but its hard to understand in english when people speak too fast hahaha and sometimes when im talking, it sounds like a catfight :)

Languages I am fluent in: Java, C/C++, Perl, Scheme/Lisp(I'm a little rusty), MatLab, Mathematica, PHP if I have to...., SQL if you want to call that a language, few others...

Oh wait, you mean spoken languages...

I speak English, severely broken French, slightly less broken Spanish, a little bit of Latin (when I can remember it, I used to speak Latin very well), I am much better with programming languages :p

HI!
I'm new here.. .so i thought i'd just jump in :p haha i speak english afrikaans and a tad bit of zulu... :p

I'm Trinidadian and Venezualan ( only spent a short time in Venezuela, so I don't speak Spanish well). But English w/ an accent is my first language. I also speak American English. Lol

My wife is Russian so I'm also learning that as well.

I speak English and Latin the best. Other than that I know how to say "make me a sandwich" in about 10 languages. I also know a few sayings in Bosnian and Italian.

Chase

When in doubt.. Google Translate is your friend. :b

I speak English, bits of Spanish. I know how to say a very rude saying. Just so you all can wonder what that is. I know a bit of French, but I learned that when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. Yup that's it. I find it ridiculous how every other country seems to know English, yet us Americans don't learn another language, such as Spanish, that is required. We have to take two years of a foreign language (Spanish or German) just to get looked at by an out of state college. Thankfully I've finished that roller coaster. It would have been extremely easier if I could have went to a country such as Spain to learn Spanish, vs getting taught by an American teacher. I plan to learn bits of Italian so I can go over there in College to study abroad for Architectural History.

I also speak gibberish, because I don't like to talk to people in the morning and when I'm at work it comes off as "Did ou ind rthng arit?" Yeah.. My life. ha ha

Hi , new here, I speak English, broken German, and a titch of Japanese, I can survive in Japan just fine with out getting lost lol

Back
Top Bottom