What kind of camera do you use?

heartben

I've been debating what to write my next blog post about. I thought it might be useful to get a feel for what most of the people on here use camera wise.

*Point & Shoot style or DSLR. If you want to mention brand/model...go for it!

**What you use to edit photos, or do you edit them at all?

Also, I'd be curious to see what other people might be interested in reading about photography wise. If you have any ideas let me know!:)

Last edited:
I use photoshop cs4 and Aperture to edit, and I prefer a DSLR camera.
Although my phone pictures are much easier for quick on the spot photos and to upload instantly when near my computer.I probably use my phone more now even though I prefer my other cameras quality. The iPhone 4s does have great picture quality and with iOS 5 and Photostream they are instantly synced to any device.
Most of the time I'm using my iPhone 4s or if I feel like doing some extra work i will pull out the cannon DS 6041. I hardly post pictures but I do have do have an extensive slide show and library on my HDs.

I use a DSLR - Canon 5D. And sometimes my iPhone. I also use photoshop. We have a few lenses - but usually I use my Tamron 28-75 and sometimes a very inexpensive 50mm with a macro extender for super close ups.

I think some good topics might be:
*How to take better photos with whatever equipment you have
*lighting
*inexpensive ways to upgrade

I have a digital camera - Samsung PL50, 10.2mp. Don't really know much about photography, I just get the subject in focus and shoot, lol! I mainly use the macro or 'smart' modes with or without flash.

I am curious myself as into what people are using, camerawise. When every I see REALLY good quality pics I try and ask what kind of camera they are using. Most people are using Canon or Nikon DSLR.

We have two Panasonic cameras, one is a DMC-FZ30 and the other is a DMC-FZ100. I'm still learning how to play with the FZ100. Both of them have a Leica lense, which isn't interchangeable. We also have an older Sony which has a Zeiss lense on it. I have found that for the warmer colors (reds and oranges) that the Sony wins hands-down. For the cooler colors (blues and greens) the Panasonics are the best.

We have Photoshop 6 and I believe 7 on our laptop to edit. I'll be the first to admit that I know barely enough about either program to be dangerous. Mainly, I use them to crop the photo's.

Last edited:
While I don't have a chameleon (yet), I do shoot weddings so I have some pretty decent gear. But, by far, my favorite go-to setup, regardless of weddings, sports, family and pets is my Canon 5D MkII using a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. I should also note that I use Lightroom 3 and Photoshop for post production as well.

Last edited:
While I don't have a chameleon (yet), I do shoot weddings so I have some pretty decent gear. But, by far, my favorite go-to setup, regardless of weddings, sports, family and pets is my Canon 5D MkII using a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. I should also note that I use Lightroom 3 and Photoshop for post production as well.
Well, for $3,900 it better take some damn nice pictures :p.

I use the Nikon D3X with a Nikon Macro lens, a Nikon wide angle, and a nikon zoom. I use photoshop CS5 version 5.5 to edit, or adobe lightroom 4 to edit photos in large batchs. Its alot of complex stuff, but my other job is photographer

I just got an Olympus SZ-10 yesterday. It's not exactly a professional grade camera, but it's not bad for what I want to use it for. Here's a pic I took this morning to try it out.

I also used a portable photo studio I got from thinkgeek.com.

Last edited:
Once you use a reflex digital camera, it's not the camera itself that is important, but the lens you use! For example, take a look at Jannb's pictures, taken with a 115mm macro (right Jann? - which is a very very good lens) with a good old D80 (not even a semi-pro camera anymore), and change it for a D3s (very very high end camera) with a 18-55mm (~100$) lens and you'll get pictures that won't even be close to what Jannb can do! :)

I use the Nikon D3X with a Nikon Macro lens, a Nikon wide angle, and a nikon zoom. I use photoshop CS5 version 5.5 to edit, or adobe lightroom 4 to edit photos in large batchs. Its alot of complex stuff, but my other job is photographer

Lightroom 4 just doesn't exists, as far as I know!

About myself, i use a Nikon D3100, coupled with a Nikkor 85mm micro lens when it comes to chameleons. I'm also a Lightroom 3 user.

Back
Top Bottom