What kind of a lizard is this?

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
My husband brought him/her home from work and wants to keep him.:eek: I tried to talk him into turning him loose....I thought he would die in a cage but he's eating and pooping and shedding so I guess he's ok. I've been treating him pretty much like I do the chams but no basking or UVB light. I've been feeding him phoenix worms, small crickets and small silk worms. What else does he need? Thanks! Jann

christmas2009160.jpg

christmas2009068.jpg

Its a baby cuban anole:D I have one that hangs out near Titans cage and eats all of the leftovers, I have never seen one with a crest though, although I believe some do have them.

If that's a Cuban knight anole, I want one sooo bad. I plan on hopefully getting one when the weather warms up, never know! If you do have a spare UVB laying around, I would use it on him, just in case.

Check out this thread by prettykttkat, and you may want to pm her, as she's more or less the Knight anole whisperer. I think they're pretty nifty lizards, one of many on my wish list.

I just sent you a caresheet:) It's been said when they are babies and exhibit white bands they are female and the babies without them are male. Not sure how accurate this is. As CKanoles age the bands fade and are solid green as adults. Let me know if you have any questions about the caresheet. Good luck!

What a Hubby!

A hubby that brings reptiles home? What a dream come true :p

I was going to say Cuban Anole too. I'd sure keep him. Have you Googled to see what adults look like? Very cool. It will eat all the stuff you already have on hand for chams. I wish I had them cruising around here! Give your Hubby a kiss from us. He gets some points from bringing it home.

A hubby that brings reptiles home? What a dream come true :p

I was going to say Cuban Anole too. I'd sure keep him. Have you Googled to see what adults look like? Very cool. It will eat all the stuff you already have on hand for chams. I wish I had them cruising around here! Give your Hubby a kiss from us. He gets some points from bringing it home.

Thanks Kathrine! My husband works at a car dealership and she was under the hood of a car trying to stay warm when we were having a cold spell back before Christmas.

Prettykttkat here on the forums raises them and she sent me a care sheet and I watched her video and read her thread that hallenhe sent me above.

We believe it's a girl because of the white bands and she's just so cute!!!! She's a baby only about 2 inches long not counting the tail. Yes, we plan to keep her. Right now I have her in Luie's travel cage and she eating 1/8 inch crickets and Phoenix worms.

How do you live in Florida and not know what that is? :p Those things are everywhere down there! :cool: I lived in Palm City for 2 years and anoles were constantly in the house haha. I always saw them in the trees and noticed that sometimes they were huge compared to the smaller regular anoles. God I miss Florida! :D

How do you live in Florida and not know what that is? :p Those things are everywhere down there! :cool: I lived in Palm City for 2 years and anoles were constantly in the house haha. I always saw them in the trees and noticed that sometimes they were huge compared to the smaller regular anoles. God I miss Florida! :D

It was our first time see this type anole. Our yard is full of the little brown ones. The car that he found her in was from south of here.....maybe they just don't normally come this far north.

Back
Top Bottom