What is your guess on this locale?

KCcham

Hello everyone! Here is a pic of a male that i hatched out awhile back. I sold the whole clutch to a local guy and he held this one back. His father is a blue bar Ambilobe and his mom is a panther I got from Jared (cainschams). We did not know much about the female when I got her, but when she bred with our Blue Bar male, she produced this.........any thoughts????

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 146
well if it is a cross, then the female might in my guess, a another ambilobe, or tamatave., maybe even ambanja looking???

it stills looks mostly ambilobe to me. but would also like to hear others thoughts on this:cool:

he looks amazing nonetheless

Hello everyone! Here is a pic of a male that i hatched out awhile back. I sold the whole clutch to a local guy and he held this one back. His father is a blue bar Ambilobe and his mom is a panther I got from Jared (cainschams). We did not know much about the female when I got her, but when she bred with our Blue Bar male, she produced this.........any thoughts????

Do you mean the female as in the mom which you got from me? Sorry, a little confusing or it might just be me coming out of my slumber after working all day:rolleyes:

The female I sent was from D.H. and Mrs. Fireball. D.H.'s sire was Banana Rhama from cruzinchameleons who are no longer in business. Banana Rhama was a high yellow body red bar Ambilobe and D.H. showed to be a yellow body red bar. Mrs. Fireball was from Fireball also from cruzinchameleons. Fireball was an amazing Ambilobe who showed tons of purple, reds and blues. As for the dams of both of my animals they were just said to be Ambilobes.

Im not the best at guessing locale or crosses but Id call that boy a red body blue bar Ambilobe. Most of her brothers showed a great deal of red in the body but there were a few that looked like the classic yellow body blue bars. Sancho's "Sancho" can be found on the forums which is the female I sent you brother.

And what looks so odd about the animal?

I may be confused but on the understanding its a cross, its no longer a 'locale'.
Here, where we are only starting to get into 'mixes', we are, many of us, big fans of what we refer to as 'locality specific forms' aka A given species having distinct appearance for a given locality within its range.
If an animal is the produce of two different locales, its no longer locality specific, 'a locale',
you might guess at its parents 'locale' but the offspring (here) will be considered 'designer'.
Is this not the case in your neighbourhood? :)

its a good representation of a orange-red body blue bar ambilobe. i really dont see room for any other locale to be in the panther unless it had been done a while back in his grandparents or so making its way down the line. but i doubt this scenario. ambilobes are so unlimited, they vary in any variation imagineable. ive seen sea foam green bar, electric blue bar, navy blue bar, pink bar, purple, red, burgandy, orange, all sorts of red body, pink body, blue body, yellow body, orange body.

if anything id say ambodirafia or nosy radama, and im pretty sure it would be very very highly unlikely any other locale could help produce something like this. with that said and the fact no one in the US has ever seen either of these including me, its safe to say thats straight ambilobe. and i want him! he would fit right in with my orange body blue bar line. orange body and blue bars for life fool! lol jk jk

Thanks so much for the replies!

Jared, I appreciate the info! When I bought her, I was so excited to finally be able to get a panther that I really didnt ask you anything about her! I still remember my wife staying home from work and waiting for her to show up! I should of asked you all about her.....my fault :D

jojackson you are right :D I was so excited to see how he turned out and wated to post the pic that I did not choose my words wisely :eek:

I am thinking that I should of kept this one!!! He and his brother are for sale now at my friends shop, but he might put them both on the classifieds here and see if there is any interest now that we know he is an ambilobe.

Here is a pic of his dad "Clyde" that came from Jim at The Chameleon Company.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom