WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS EYE?? Help!

Balien

He was perfectly normal, I fed him a hornworm and his eye started doing this?? He is rubbing it on things too. He ate a cricket and it went back to normal for a minute then went back to this

Help! The vet has no openings until tomorrow, I am trying other ones

Agree totally with Jann. Don't freak out yet. Long misting session like 4-5 minutes... He could have something stuck in it that he is trying to remove. Re evaluate when your are done with the misting session.

Agree totally with Jann. Don't freak out yet. Long misting session like 4-5 minutes... He could have something stuck in it that he is trying to remove. Re evaluate when your are done with the misting session.

It’s back to normal now! I was running around getting ready thinking he was going to have to have emergency surgery to put his eye back in it’s socket lol. I’ve never seen him do that before, that’s a new one for me

Sorry for the over reaction guys! I’ll still give him that extra long misting session though just in case

It’s back to normal now! I was running around getting ready thinking he was going to have to have emergency surgery to put his eye back in it’s socket lol. I’ve never seen him do that before, that’s a new one for me

Sorry for the over reaction guys!
What is your misting schedule like?

30 seconds to a minute in the morning and then another of the same in the evening. I try not to spray him directly though, he always runs for cover when he sees the mister

Is his enclosure screen? If it is, then you will want to increase misting sessions to a minimum of 2 minutes each time

It is except for the front panel, I will do that. I’m guessing he will need to be sprayed instead of just all around him?

I would invest in a Mistking... Beman hated when I hand sprayed but with the mistking. He will just sit in it. I think it is because the mist is so fine. But what I noticed with Panthers is that they seem to clean their eyes much more frequently then my Veiled does. So it is important for him to be able to have a long enough misting session to do this.

I would invest in a Mistking... Beman hated when I hand sprayed but with the mistking. He will just sit in it. I think it is because the mist is so fine. But what I noticed with Panthers is that they seem to clean their eyes much more frequently then my Veiled does. So it is important for him to be able to have a long enough misting session to do this.

Hmm okay I will have to order one of those then

It is except for the front panel, I will do that. I’m guessing he will need to be sprayed instead of just all around him?

There are definitely conflicting opinions about misting the chameleon itself. In my opinion, I think it's probably best to gauge your cham's behavior as you mist. My panther likes to sit under the rain shower above, so I tend to mist him more directly.

I personally wouldnt mist the chameleon directly but if the cham happens to be in the line of fire its not going to hurt them unless you purposely hold the nozzle in the chams face

Back
Top Bottom