What is this??

Chachi

Established Member
My jackson had blood drawn a couple weeks ago. His tail has been....off limits to me. If my hand comes near it, he jumps away. He has never, in years, not come to me and welcomed my touch. Now, he moves away. Then this a.m. I saw this on him. Is this normal after a blood draw?

Attachments

• 20160827_081125.jpg
    20160827_081125.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 154
I don't know what the mark is but he is most likely shying away because it hurts or he knows he is injured. I would leave him alone for a while and keep a close eye on the mark. It will hopefully heal fine only worry about it if it gets worse.

Poor baby. My guy had to get a blood test. Thank God no marks on him and he is active as ever. Looks like maybe a bruise. I would watch it very closely. Wondering what the little piece is hanging to the left..Is it a piece from shedding?

My guys get blood work regularly and I've never seen anything like that. Often it will turn their tail black for awhile. I would just keep a close eye on it for now. You could also email that picture to your vet and ask them about it.

Poor baby. My guy had to get a blood test. Thank God no marks on him and he is active as ever. Looks like maybe a bruise. I would watch it very closely. Wondering what the little piece is hanging to the left..Is it a piece from shedding?
It looks like a blister that popped and now the skin is peeling. So, yea, its skin. Idk. But it wasnt there yesterday. Even tho he doesnt want to be touched anymore, i still look at him closely. Sometimes i take pics and enlarge them so i can
See better

I don't know what the mark is but he is most likely shying away because it hurts or he knows he is injured. I would leave him alone for a while and keep a close eye on the mark. It will && heal fine only worry about it if it gets worse.
$Yea, I dont pick him up except to give him. his calcium.
If their calcium and phospherous is off, do you know how long it takes to get it back to goo
My guys get blood work regularly and I've never seen anything like that. Often it will turn their tail black for awhile. I would just keep a close eye on it for now. You could also email that picture to your vet and ask them about it.
Jann, I have neen nervous from the first day. He started acting funny immediately. His phos and calcium were almost the same so i have had him on liquid calcium. No crickets. Butter, silk, horn worms. Doesnt eat worth a tinkers damn tho. He takes repti boost every day w his calcium. I offer food but but mostly he turns his head.
He is in real unfiltered sun from the time he wakes up til noon. The rest of the day he has a brand new uvb 10. light. He is getting better but its a slow haul

Could the underlying problem be kidney issues?
Not according to the blood work. But maybe. Just, i mean 30 seconds ago i took him out of his cage for his calcium and noticed a drop of liquid on his vent. I turned him over and it was a cloudy greenish gold. Not a good color. Then, one of his little hemipenes slipped out. They are bright pink, usually. This time there was only 1 and it was flesh color, welll, my flesh color. Im a white woman. Now, Im very nervous and we are going back to the vet. Im going broke. I am hemorrhaging money with this little guy. He wont eat good. Everything looks fine. Grip is good. Eyes good. Brand new light. Daily sunshine. Now mucous from his vent.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that you can't get a good read on kidney problems with blood work, unlike with mammals. In the back of my memory (and it might be faulty) that MBD can be caused by kidney issues. I'm not 100% sure. I don't have the time to look it up for you. Sorry.

It is my understanding that you can't get a good read on kidney problems with blood work, unlike with mammals. In the back of my memory (and it might be faulty) that MBD can be caused by kidney issues. I'm not 100% sure. I don't have the time to look it up for you. Sorry.
No, its fine. Ill look it up myself but thank you for the lead. I appreciate it very much

Back
Top Bottom