what is this weird lump on my cham?

vasol

229345_10150170312517653_545092652_7224498_3735037_n.jpg

can anyone tell me what this is?! sometimes you cant see it, sometimes you can depending on how he moves.

no one? this looks really strange...ive never seen anything like this on a cham before...

if it only shows up when he moved certain ways, it may be a shoulder blade deformity that he was born with? does it seem to be painful to him or hinder his movement with that arm? either way he probably could use a vet visit..

no it doesnt hinder his mobility in anyway. could this be because of a fall? there was an incident where he fell/jumped off my shoulder onto the ground, it was probably a 5 foot drop. he also fell from the top of his cage twice, but theres plenty of foliage in his cage.

did it start appearing after his falls? if it did i personally would be running to my vet asking for x-rays and what impact that bump could have on him as he gets bigger

i have yet to feel it, he hates being handled....which is the reason for the falls in the first place. I'll try to feel it out asap and let you guys know.

Could be some form of abcess. Without a vet visit we're all guessing. I'd say he needs some tests run on that thing. You dont want to wait to long it will prob get bigger with time. When you do take him be sure you go to a reptile exp'd vet. You need someone that knows what they are doing with things like that. You dont want someone throwing shotgun treatments in an effort to possibly find a cure. In fact I'd send several pics to someone like Dr Greek or Dr Ivan Alfonso. Both those guys know their stuff and can assist your reg vet in a treatment program.

Back
Top Bottom