What is this spot on Kink?

camimom

So I just went to mist his cage, and put in some fresh crix to eat, and saw this white line on his back. It wasn't there yesterday.
I dont think it is a burn because the mesh isnt hot, and his basking spot is only at 81 deg. Not to mention he has spent all day upside down (hanging from ceiling) or at the far corner away from his spot.
Could it be the beginning of him shedding? he's 5 weeks and he hasn't shed yet.

here is th eonly good pic I got.
View attachment 33457

Last edited:
It just looks like a start to a shed. Your little guy is showing a lot of orange! :eek:

Yay! I feel even better now! lol, ive only had him for like 3 weeks, so everthing is still so new, yea i Love the orange. He is this color pretty uch all day, and sometimes the night. cept when he had a bad dream and got some black bands all over.
This is my first cham so I've never seen them shed. well or any lizard for that matter. Thanks!

Yay! I feel even better now! lol, ive only had him for like 3 weeks, so everthing is still so new, yea i Love the orange. He is this color pretty uch all day, and sometimes the night. cept when he had a bad dream and got some black bands all over.
This is my first cham so I've never seen them shed. well or any lizard for that matter. Thanks!

haha its always a new learning experience when you first get into chameleons. One time when I first got my female I seen her bulge out her eye and move it around on a branch. Scared me to death, then I read up on it and that is how they clean their eyes :)

Camimom, Its a strange place to start shedding (normal for chams), occasionally I still freak when mine start like that. :)

Camimom, Its a strange place to start shedding (normal for chams), occasionally I still freak when mine start like that. :)

Thank goodness. Ive never seen any shed, sooo didnt know what it was, or to do. now I'll just up his mistings till hes done. of course he has to start his first shed the day before I am going out of town for the weekend!

haha its always a new learning experience when you first get into chameleons. One time when I first got my female I seen her bulge out her eye and move it around on a branch. Scared me to death, then I read up on it and that is how they clean their eyes :)

They can be scary! but hes so entertaining and so much fun. the best part is i can hold him without stressng him out. not that I do it everyday, more like once or twice a week just to check for any abnormalities. but he's so awesome, I can't wait to see what he looks like al grown up!

Ah well, hes only a little guy, plenty more opportunity for you to witness the whole show! :)
Their growth rate is phenomenal in the first 6-8 months, you wont believe the size of him in just a month or two. :)

Ah well, hes only a little guy, plenty more opportunity for you to witness the whole show! :)
Their growth rate is phenomenal in the first 6-8 months, you wont believe the size of him in just a month or two. :)
Thankfully yay! I cant wait to see if he looks different after this shed! ya never know! lol

Back
Top Bottom