What is this coloring? Is she going to shed?

Maybe some dampened, organic soil? the stuff without chunks? So that if she gets any in her system, there's no chemicals, and no bark for obstructions and impaction?

UPDATE: I have purchased a pothos and an asparagus fern. Planning on using the pot of the fern for the laybin. What type of soil that both flower can use for digging and for the plant?
I personally use a sand/soil mix. Maybe 20/80-40/60 depending on the consistency [eyeball it]. The sand will help with drainage, the soil helps with forming tunnels. Plants live in this terrain, as that's the majority of Florida's "soil".
Some use 100% sand, vermiculite, soil, and combinations therein. The soil/sand combo was one of the few that worked for me for all 5 of my ladies... but that's just my experience.

Best wishes!

UPDATE TWO: Flowers new enclosure is attatched below. She likes the plants a lot, laybin is completed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 80
UPDATE TWO: Flowers new enclosure is attatched below. She likes the plants a lot, laybin is completed.

The top 1/3 is completely empty. That's the most important part of the enclosure, where your cham should be spending most of its time. As it is set up now, your cham cannot get nearly close enough to the basking or uvb lights to benefit from them. The foliage is great, but everything needs to be moved up. Thick cover at the bottom of the cage doesn't really benefit the chameleon in any significant way

Back
Top Bottom