What is this clear jelly??

S0M3TH1NGC00L

I find these little jewels every now and then at the bottom of my cham cage. What the heck is it? lol
16852294712913155841835811688491.jpg

Those look like the water crystals that are often used to hydrate insect feeders or also used with plants. Can you post some pics of your entire enclosure?

Those look like the water crystals that are often used to hydrate insect feeders or also used with plants. Can you post some pics of your entire enclosure?
They look the same but are clear and a little firmer. I don't have any pics right now of Brodie's enclosure but I do use flukers cricket quencher and hi calcium cricket diet for the crickets in their cage

Hi what lights you using, you want a long linear light t5ho like either zoomed t5 ho 5% or arcadia t5ho 6% if you are using a compact fluorescent this is not correct as it does provide adequate uvb for your chameleon
Thanks but I'm pretty sure the lights aren't the cause of these clear jellies.. any insight on that?

As I said in post no 8 the compact fluorescent Do not provide the correct/ adequate levels of uvb needed for health ,bones and vitamin and mineral absorption, if I didn't point this out I wouldn't be much of a member
Dude that's an old cage, I use the right ones now and have a bigger cage with live plants and grow lights also. Thanks for the help ✌️
Well why are you posting it ?? As its misleading if you have the correct enclosure post it !!!

Do you repot your plants? Have you seen any pests? Aside from being the water jelly maybe slipping out of a plant that wasn’t repotted or some sort of spit-jelly from an insect I can’t imagine, I’ve no other ideas on what that could be.

Dude that's an old cage, I use the right ones now and have a bigger cage with live plants and grow lights also. Thanks for the help ✌️
May I see a pic of the current cage? It would help us figure out what the rock like substance is from. Otherwise we are not seeing the entire picture of the environment that these are coming out of. Also what are the sizes of the two clear rocks in the top pic?

May I see a pic of the current cage? It would help us figure out what the rock like substance is from. Otherwise we are not seeing the entire picture of the environment that these are coming out of. Also what are the sizes of the two clear rocks in the top pic?
I haven't found any in his new home yet but the clump on the left in the original pic was as big as his head! So about nickel size all around, the other was dime sized. They have the same exact texture as the jellies for hydrating crickets but they're more compact and clear so my only guess was that the Brodie couldn't digest what he was getting from his crickets and was throwing that up. I give my crickets the little water pillows now, so maybe that's why I haven't seen them lately 💁

I haven't found any in his new home yet but the clump on the left in the original pic was as big as his head! So about nickel size all around, the other was dime sized. They have the same exact texture as the jellies for hydrating crickets but they're more compact and clear so my only guess was that the Brodie couldn't digest what he was getting from his crickets and was throwing that up. I give my crickets the little water pillows now, so maybe that's why I haven't seen them lately 💁
I mean first look and I would say that they are the hydration stuff you can buy for insects. The size that they are in my opinion that would not be in the soil. I really am not sure.
@Beman Congrats on your "promotion" by the way 👍
Thank you. :)

were the water crystals getting in with the crickets? If they are gone after you stopped using them then it’s safe to say that’s what it was. And wouldn’t use them anymore, as they can cause many issues for your Chap

Im guessing if you put those in water, they will get bigger and return to the "cricket water crystal" consistency. When they are in the dried out form they are rock hard. Im just guessing those are from the plant dirt mixture so bigger chunks. Or they are not crystals, and are silica beads that serve the same purpose, but are not edible.

Back
Top Bottom