What is the best T5HO fixture that isn’t a ton of money

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I have waited too long already, and I know that I need to get this done now. I am buying a T5HO fixture, I already have a T8 and I need to buy a T5HO. What is the best fixture for its price. I’m hoping to get a fixture and the light under $60 and preferably buy it in stores or have it 2 day shipping. I am interested in one fixture on amazon, and it has two bulbs, so I could have a grow light as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721TG86M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5zF-EbB24048T
Opinions?
Or would I be better of buying one made for reptiles.

I have waited too long already, and I know that I need to get this done now. I am buying a T5HO fixture, I already have a T8 and I need to buy a T5HO. What is the best fixture for its price. I’m hoping to get a fixture and the light under $60 and preferably buy it in stores or have it 2 day shipping. I am interested in one fixture on amazon, and it has two bulbs, so I could have a grow light as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721TG86M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5zF-EbB24048T
Opinions?
Or would I be better of buying one made for reptiles.
Ya know, I found a fixture made for reptiles for less than Ok would spend on that fixture and a bulb, as long as I can find a store that carries it, I’ll be fine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TEF-Eb3B775CC

Ya know, I found a fixture made for reptiles for less than Ok would spend on that fixture and a bulb, as long as I can find a store that carries it, I’ll be fine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TEF-Eb3B775CC
I would personally go with the Arcadia fixtures over the Zoomed one but I'm a huge fan of Arcadia products. Todd at light your reptiles is generally able to get shipments out very quickly, and he ships via FedEx so you should receive it pretty quickly.

I would personally go with the Arcadia fixtures over the Zoomed one but I'm a huge fan of Arcadia products. Todd at light your reptiles is generally able to get shipments out very quickly, and he ships via FedEx so you should receive it pretty quickly.
My main concern is that I’m going out of town this weekend, starting Thursday afternoon. I’m having someone come over to feed my cham, but I want to make sure I get the fixture set up myself

I should also add that the arcadia fixtures comes with their UVB bulbs. The arcadia bulbs are known to provide sufficient UVB output for around twice as long as the Zoomed Reptisun bulbs.

I should also add that the arcadia fixtures comes with their UVB bulbs. The arcadia bulbs are known to provide sufficient UVB output for around twice as long as the Zoomed Reptisun bulbs.

Citation needed, they are made at the same german bulb plant. At best one company may want to swap bulbs faster in order to get more money from you.

Zoomed even states they say they will remain at rated output for no less than 1 year.

arcadia gets fancy, since you can go to their web site and get a yearly reminder to change your bulb :)

UV IS ONLY POTENT FOR 1 YEAR, BE REMINDED WHEN A REPLACEMENT IS NEEDED…

Question, do you think he could get the fixture to me by Thursday morning?

I'd like to test this theory myself using my solar meter. I have an extra bulb from each company, just waiting for my current bulbs UV outputs to be low enough to warrant a swap out.

Question, do you think he could get the fixture to me by Thursday morning?
You could definitely reach out to them. I've spoken to Todd a lot over the past two years in regards to my lighting needs. He's always been very helpful, even if I'm not asking about products to purchase from him. He's been an excellent resource for me in the past.

Individual reflectors too, nice. Is it bulky?
Yes individual reflectors witch was a selling point for me. I mean it’s a like bulky but I don’t have to worry about it falling off the cage. I have a quad and a dual fixture. The quad is every bulky but I like that I can link them together, currently have 3 linked together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 89
  • 83969786-5D9A-40FF-837F-8EFAA7C9955F.jpeg
    83969786-5D9A-40FF-837F-8EFAA7C9955F.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 87
Nevermind, they are out of stock and only have 12” fixtures
Edit: I think I may be looking in the wrong place lol
The reptisun fixtures work, I have two of them. But If you're looking for plant lighting as well, a dual bulb fixture is always nice! I don't have the fixture Joxie recommended but I do like that each bulb has its own reflector.

I would like to note that I only really use the repisun fixtures as back ups these days. I've been working on a few of my bioactive projects lately so there's been some moving around. The reptisun fixtures have been helpful for me when I need a few days of having my bioactive cages empty while doing some work on them. The reptisun fixtures do work though.

Correction... I've seen many state that Arcadia bulbs are known to last twice as long as Reptisun bulbs.

Again who is the "many"? Back in the T8 days in the 2000s, yes arcadia rated them for 1 year, and repisun rated the lows for 6 months and the highs for 1 year. But since the T5HO's came out, both companies, across the board, have rated all bulbs guaranteed output for 1 year. I guess there could be "folk" that are squeezing 2 years out of the arcadias(im one of the folk, and i have a meter) but i have not seen any reports of "bad zoomeds". Again neither company has a bulb factory, both companies use the same factory in germany, both companies use 7 phosphors.

Back
Top Bottom