what is the best one?

kristytia

Hi was just wondering what is the best basking light to use for my veiled cham there is so many at the moment i have a zoo med. thanks for any info

For a basking light, just get a 60W Halogen lightbulb at Walmart. As far as UVB, Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 is standard

I don't know that there is a "Best" when it comes to a basking lamp. Just using a 50-75 watt spot light will do the trick. You want to have visible light and adjust it so that it is in the correct range of temp for an adult veiled then the 85-92 or so mark is good.

The "night light" or ceramics should NOT be used except for maybe at night and ONLY IF the cage is going to be below 60 degrees (you don't have to keep the temp up all the time, and a drop at night is good for them). Chams don't bask at night and will only go towards visible light.

Is your zoo med only for basking, or is it a combo also giving off UVB or something?

I don't know that there is a "Best" when it comes to a basking lamp. Just using a 50-75 watt spot light will do the trick. You want to have visible light and adjust it so that it is in the correct range of temp for an adult veiled then the 85-92 or so mark is good.

The "night light" or ceramics should NOT be used except for maybe at night and ONLY IF the cage is going to be below 60 degrees (you don't have to keep the temp up all the time, and a drop at night is good for them). Chams don't bask at night and will only go towards visible light.

Is your zoo med only for basking, or is it a combo also giving off UVB or something?

its just for basking a have a repti tube as well

For basking, I recommend normal incandescent light bulbs.

These are the standard oldschool indoor light bulbs most people are used to. The wattage will depend on the surrounding temperature, so buy a few different types (60w, 75w, 100w, etc). You will most likely need to make modifications throughout the changing seasons. Use a good temperature meter to create and maintain the correct environment for your cham.

Back
Top Bottom