What is my chameleons age? (with a twist)

This is very true...
I am learning that a true blood test (these days) can shed the light on many different chameleon things..

During some of my presentations, I would always introduce current found species to spark interest in the kids to continue learning. Maybe someday they will have the opportunity to search and find a "New Species". (y)

Here is where the Twist begins. I have posted these pictures before and detail in other threads but like to keep thing on track and refresh when needed.
Approximately 4 going on 5 months old--- Great job everyone!

So- This little guy was born a week or so later than (no exact date as I was at funeral in PA for a week) this big guy Pic 6. The big guy was being saved for a member but had some life changes and found a local person to adopt a few months ago.
Pic 1 is his egg.
Pic 2 same egg without pen light and zoomed in.
Pic 3 thru 4 is the tiny guy who's eyes never opened 100% (needed to get food in his body) so tried a mealworm injected with liquid calcium and reptile vits. (not recommended but was trying new strategies to save a baby)I was trying something different since I did the 30 day fruit fly feeding with Saul (stressful since my hands are kind of big).

It worked he opened his eyes a few days later and was eating on his own from that day forward.
Pic 5 was taken yesterday
Pic 6 is his brother born 1 week to 2 weeks (approx.) earlier than he was but from normal size egg.

Before I forget why I am posting the purpose is:
We don't know the facts from a breeder or pre hatch info. I could have given him away but the owner might be on hear asking why is my chameleon so small? What am I doing wrong? Help? Is it my lighting, food, decoration etc..... Can be all or none.

So this little guy is a pet/experiment (observation) to see how he will continue growing as many already know.. Chameleons have growth spurts and can take off at anytime. Or will look like an adult only 6" in length? Hope we will know in 6 months to a year.

The bars is what I find fascinating, as he continue developing in a time frame and not a growth size frame.

Note: This egg at approx. 3 months did have mold and shrunk making me think it was not alive. So it was moved into infertile or showing no signs of hatching container.

Little guys body is about the size of big dudes head.. WOW!

Extra note: I am experiencing the time/size things with tadpoles too making this even more exciting. "Did it again" thread if anyone is interested in amphibians.
Thanks for visiting.. Happy Tail Tuesday too. (y)
I'm not sure I find anything cuter on the face of a planet than a baby chameleon. Thanks for sharing!

How about a baby frog?:ROFLMAO:

Just had to share from my other thread.. (y)
Day 2 without tail.

Attachments

• PXL_20211116_044128241.jpg
    PXL_20211116_044128241.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 73
Here is where the Twist begins. I have posted these pictures before and detail in other threads but like to keep thing on track and refresh when needed.
Approximately 4 going on 5 months old--- Great job everyone!

So- This little guy was born a week or so later than (no exact date as I was at funeral in PA for a week) this big guy Pic 6. The big guy was being saved for a member but had some life changes and found a local person to adopt a few months ago.
Pic 1 is his egg.
Pic 2 same egg without pen light and zoomed in.
Pic 3 thru 4 is the tiny guy who's eyes never opened 100% (needed to get food in his body) so tried a mealworm injected with liquid calcium and reptile vits. (not recommended but was trying new strategies to save a baby)I was trying something different since I did the 30 day fruit fly feeding with Saul (stressful since my hands are kind of big).

It worked he opened his eyes a few days later and was eating on his own from that day forward.
Pic 5 was taken yesterday
Pic 6 is his brother born 1 week to 2 weeks (approx.) earlier than he was but from normal size egg.

Before I forget why I am posting the purpose is:
We don't know the facts from a breeder or pre hatch info. I could have given him away but the owner might be on hear asking why is my chameleon so small? What am I doing wrong? Help? Is it my lighting, food, decoration etc..... Can be all or none.

So this little guy is a pet/experiment (observation) to see how he will continue growing as many already know.. Chameleons have growth spurts and can take off at anytime. Or will look like an adult only 6" in length? Hope we will know in 6 months to a year.

The bars is what I find fascinating, as he continue developing in a time frame and not a growth size frame.

Note: This egg at approx. 3 months did have mold and shrunk making me think it was not alive. So it was moved into infertile or showing no signs of hatching container.

Little guys body is about the size of big dudes head.. WOW!

Extra note: I am experiencing the time/size things with tadpoles too making this even more exciting. "Did it again" thread if anyone is interested in amphibians.
Thanks for visiting.. Happy Tail Tuesday too. (y)
Thanks for sharing 👏🏻👍🏻

I failed at a post you started.. Human influence--- I was trying to place the Geico gecko in the window but could not figure how to copy and paste image... Darn! Bella is a natural and can take the fake gecko's job any time.. (y)

I failed at a post you started.. Human influence--- I was trying to place the Geico gecko in the window but could not figure how to copy and paste image... Darn! Bella is a natural and can take the fake gecko's job any time.. (y)
Just save the picture and repost it 🤓

🤣🤣 would have wanted to see that......👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom