What is my cham doing ?

sageyurisic

Sometimes whenever my cham is basking i notice she turns a darker green w dark green splotches. sometimes she is just bright green while basking. is this normal ? also sometimes when i am just looking at her from across the room she will open her mouth and puff up like she is hissing but makes no noise,, is it just bc she doesnt want me to look at her ? lol

Sometimes whenever my cham is basking i notice she turns a darker green w dark green splotches. sometimes she is just bright green while basking. is this normal ? also sometimes when i am just looking at her from across the room she will open her mouth and puff up like she is hissing but makes no noise,, is it just bc she doesnt want me to look at her ? lol
Might be too hot if she is opening her mouth while basking.

i have a temp gun
Do you put something black on the branch and let it sit for at least and hour before checking with temp gun.

Also temp guns work best at a certain distance. Depending on the model you have the Distance To spot ratio can affect what temperature you are getting.
Most people think the guns just measure the little red laser dot no matter how far away they are but that it now how they work.

example if your gun is 12:1 then at 12 inches it is giving you the temperature of a 1 inch circle

Agree with the above ^^^ also be careful with temp guns they only check the surface temp. I would get a digital gauge to tie into the basking level to make sure it is accurate. If it is saying 85 on the branch then you can add a degree or 2 to that because of them rising up higher.

Back
Top Bottom