What is coming out of the roach butt?

It looks like a male if it is a dubia roach. The males have the wings the full length of their body. The females only have tiny wings.
I have discoids. Both sexes have full wings.
Sorry to say, but that would be my next feeder. No sense in letting it sit around with that hanging out. 🤷🏽‍♂️
The only animal I have big enough to eat a full sized roach is my male beardie…and he is a brat and refuses roaches.

Roachy roach butt update: The prolapse (or whatever) appears to have gone in at least by half if not more when I looked earlier in the night. Poor roachy is still moving around, although not as quickly as the others.
Fantastic! Now that its gone through some terrible suffering and has managed to recover its well fit to be eaten alive.

I have discoids. Both sexes have full wings.

The only animal I have big enough to eat a full sized roach is my male beardie…and he is a brat and refuses roaches.
Ironically, now I have something similar looks like a stick about 3/4 of an inch long white coming out of the back. I’m wondering if these are eggs doesn’t quite look like yours

Ironically, now I have something similar looks like a stick about 3/4 of an inch long white coming out of the back. I’m wondering if these are eggs doesn’t quite look like yours
Egg case popped out (went back in later)
D98CCADA-CA10-4C3D-AEE4-DD84A85D28C3.jpeg
Discoid live birth - babies are white.
E9ECE05C-F8F4-4722-AC2E-20EABEB03B10.jpeg
Yes, I have spent too much time looking at my roaches.

I’m so hoping mine will breed more this summer! I’m thinking about getting a stronger heat mat and a thermostat so my dubia will breed more. I just have a little 4 watt mat on the side of the bin because it’s a small bin, a little smaller then like a 10 gallon fish tank, not one of the big black ones, but it isn’t getting to 90 degrees. I might even get a little bigger bin, a dark colored one. I heard the dark colored bins are better because the roaches like the dark.

Back
Top Bottom