What is coming out of the roach butt?

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just like the title says. What the heck is this? I watched for a good 10 mins or so, thinking it was a momma getting ready to birth some babies. Looking closer it didn’t seem like it. I didn’t check gender, which I’m not good at anyhow. There appears to be something dark inside maybe. It was a soft squishy and dry bubble - yes, I gently squished it with tongs. Is it a roach prolapse? @jamest0o0 or @Persnickety Parson's if you’re around do you have any idea? Anyone?
1DBB2B2C-6D9B-43D7-BD3E-986659A2A8AD.jpeg

Yup, that looks to be it. I’ll have to check my bin later and see if it’s resolved or not. Funny…I never imagined that roaches could get prolapses.

You know Dr. Bruce sees a lot of animals. Just brought him one of my guinea pigs (ringworm, womp) and I know he sees geese and chickens too. Roaches might be a new one for him lol!

Yep. I got it, too. Thankfully none of my other animals caught it (including her cage mate). Never a dull moment when you have exotics!! :)
Calm Down La Galaxy GIF by Major League Soccer

Been there and hard pass... My daughter was 8 we adopted a kitten from the humane society. Needless to say my daughter got ringworm and I did... Kitten went back for treatment and the person that treated it fell in love with her. So it all worked out lol.

Calm Down La Galaxy GIF by Major League Soccer

Been there and hard pass... My daughter was 8 we adopted a kitten from the humane society. Needless to say my daughter got ringworm and I did... Kitten went back for treatment and the person that treated it fell in love with her. So it all worked out lol.
It's not fun but I'll take ringworm over coccidia or a prolapse (for myself or any creature I take care of, lol).

Roachy roach butt update: The prolapse (or whatever) appears to have gone in at least by half if not more when I looked earlier in the night. Poor roachy is still moving around, although not as quickly as the others.

It looks like a male if it is a dubia roach. The males have the wings the full length of their body. The females only have tiny wings.

Back
Top Bottom