What is all this black on her stomach?

Thank you all so much. I believe it is a burn, we have recently changed her cage around a little and I think she was able to get up the the heat lamp at some point for too long without us knowing. We have put a little silvadene burn cream on her stomach twice now and we will do so a few more times over the next few days. The blackness has gone down a bit. It looks like it is beginning to heal. It just really surprised us because it was so big and appeared after we had been speculating her pregnancy. We keep a really good eye on her since we let her free roam a lot when we are home so the light seemed unreasonable but I think it was that.
This would only take a few seconds to happen so hoping to notice soon enough isn’t really a good approach, got to get that light out of there and converted to T5 if you don’t already have one. If the light can’t be removed you need to install a screen that physically prevents her from getting to close to it.

Thank you all so much. I believe it is a burn, we have recently changed her cage around a little and I think she was able to get up the the heat lamp at some point for too long without us knowing. We have put a little silvadene burn cream on her stomach twice now and we will do so a few more times over the next few days. The blackness has gone down a bit. It looks like it is beginning to heal. It just really surprised us because it was so big and appeared after we had been speculating her pregnancy. We keep a really good eye on her since we let her free roam a lot when we are home so the light seemed unreasonable but I think it was that.

Did the black on her belly ever heal?

Did the black on her belly ever heal?

Yes. We have moved her basking spot and sticks around the area in a way that she will not be able to reach the light at all. She has made great improvements. That whole black area on her stomach kind of built up a bunch into a scab and hen peeled off slowly and under there was a scar looking area that has been getting smaller and smaller. It is almost completely gone now:)) she seems happy and healthy.

Yes. We have moved her basking spot and sticks around the area in a way that she will not be able to reach the light at all. She has made great improvements. That whole black area on her stomach kind of built up a bunch into a scab and hen peeled off slowly and under there was a scar looking area that has been getting smaller and smaller. It is almost completely gone now:)) she seems happy and healthy.

Thanks for the reply... Good to know your Cham is better !

Back
Top Bottom