What is a safe silicone spray sealant to make the enclosure of the china cabinet waterproof as I am making my chameleon a new enclosure?

I would guess if it is marked food grade or for aquariums it's pretty inert and safe.
Fish don't do well with chemicals either.

Does it need to be silicone? I bet there's some stuff purpose built for reptile enclosures.

100% silicone is safe to use. No additives though. If you have to have a spray, Flex Seal would be safe (I use that and a different spray rubber) but expensive. Anything that you use will need a good gassing off period. Not by design, but I have always allowed at least 2+ weeks for that.

if you are going for a top coating sealant, nothing beats "marine grade" or "spar varnish" urethane. The stuff is meant to take a sun beating, and safe for children's toys.

GE Silicon 1 - clear (but its not a spray, its a tube)
It's the sealant reefers use on our aquariums and anything put in them.
It's 100% silicon with no additives.
There are others out there that make the same claims at 3-4x the price.
Just make sure you fully allow it to dry and cure before you place any living thing the enclosure.
It will give off very slight/mild VOCs during curing, which takes about 4-5 days (but I give it at least a week for safety).
After it cures I'm pretty sure you can eat it.
Marine fish and corals are SUPER sensitive to everything, and the cured GE has no effect on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom