What is a lubber?

I know to stay away from lady bugs and lighting bugs/firefly's because they are toxic, and that mealworms aren't a great choice.

But, what is a lubber? I feel stupid for not knowing but I have never heard the term until recently?

It's a type of grasshopper.
6F732306-52D7-4E7D-A9E4-802A0D542152.jpeg

It's a horrible, disgusting, creature that will completely strip your garden/yard of everything decent.

It's so toxic that nothing will eat it, not birds, not fish.

When they're babies they're black with red stripes. If you see them in your yard, kill them all!

When I lived in France, we had a plant called nettles... They are EVERYWHERE and hurt like a b**** if you touch it ever so slightly... It looks like this:

70A9F0C6-DB46-49CF-8B47-468750C17C95.jpeg

When I lived in France, we had a plant called nettles... They are EVERYWHERE and hurt like a b**** if you touch it ever so slightly... It looks like this:

View attachment 279228
That looks, and sounds familiar. Probably something similar to that in Florida, land of the bugs.

There's so much stuff all around us, we could probably compare things all day long.

My husband says we don't have seasons down here. I tell him "we do too!
We have
Love Bug Season
Oak worm season
Pollen season
And no-see-um season!

That looks, and sounds familiar. Probably something similar to that in Florida, land of the bugs.

There's so much stuff all around us, we could probably compare things all day long.

My husband says we don't have seasons down here. I tell him "we do too!
We have
Love Bug Season
Oak worm season
Pollen season
And no-see-um season!

Ooh yeah, we have
Love bug season
Lady bug season
Locust season
Mosquito season (the season that never changes)

Back
Top Bottom