What is a healthy weight????

Also

Also I switched him from crickets to Dubai's and he kinda slowed down eating any advice on how to get him to pick back up or am I worrying to much?

I don't know I had him at the vets for a checkup the other day he said he was healthy but he didn't tell me his weight my scale should be here on Monday I just ordered it I'm just curious so when it gets here ill know what to look for

Mine varies between 200-230g. He sometimes goes on hunger strike, thus the variation. Mine won't touch Dubais. A variety of inscects is a good idea. Popeye is two years and eats every two - three days.:)

Ok thanks skittles is 13 months he isn't acting very interested either in the Dubai's I switch it up a lot he gets a little of everything but I maybe over feeding him cause he gets fed a little bit of something everyday except on Sundays

I remember when my Sambava was 15 months old he weighed 215grams. that number sticks in my head for some reason. But he was a good size. I have another 5 year old Sambava and he weighs about 260 grams

I think it's easier to post a photo of him and we can see if he's in a good, healthy condition. Because weights can vary a lot depending on the size of the panther. My poor panthers are only about 150g at their heaviest (3 and 2 years old) so that's a big difference from 230, for example.

But we can look at a photo and tell you if he looks good, thin, or overweight. It's typically easy, as they store fat in pretty obvious areas.

I had him at the vet on Monday and he said he looks great i was just wanting to know for future references!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 121
This picture may show up twice I don't know if it did the first time I uploaded it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 128
My adult panthers weigh any where from 150 (Nosy Be) to 232 (Ambilobe). They are just like people and have different bone structure. In the picture your guy looks perfect.

Edit: Now in your second picture, which I didn't see before, he looks thin. Try feeding him some worms such as silks, horns, butters and supers. That will put some weight on him.

Last edited:
I'm with Jann, he looks good to me. Nice fat pads on his head, his cheeks and tail look good... I'd say he looks good, definitely not too thin.

My adult panthers weigh any where from 150 (Nosy Be) to 232 (Ambilobe). They are just like people and have different bone structure. In the picture your guy looks perfect.

Edit: Now in your second picture, which I didn't see before, he looks thin. Try feeding him some worms such as silks, horns, butters and supers. That will put some weight on him.
Thanks for your advice i feed him all of those not every day I spread it out and not silkworms I just ordered some they haven't got here yet though he has slowed down eating like today for instance I gave him three Dubai's and three superworms in his cup and he only ate two of the superworms his basking temp is at 80 to 85 degrees and he gets a lot of sunshine in the mornings but its been colder the last few days and kinda cloudy could that have anything to do with him slowing down?

Thanks for your advice i feed him all of those not every day I spread it out and not silkworms I just ordered some they haven't got here yet though he has slowed down eating like today for instance I gave him three Dubai's and three superworms in his cup and he only ate two of the superworms his basking temp is at 80 to 85 degrees and he gets a lot of sunshine in the mornings but its been colder the last few days and kinda cloudy could that have anything to do with him slowing down?

Did the vet do a fecal to make sure he's parasite free?

No he didn't think there was any reason to but he gave me some cups so ill get a sample from skittles in the morning and have him test it! He's not acting sick he's really active and is eating but has slowed down his color has kinda been dark the last few days though ill get him tested just in case

No he didn't think there was any reason to but he gave me some cups so ill get a sample from skittles in the morning and have him test it! He's not acting sick he's really active and is eating but has slowed down his color has kinda been dark the last few days though ill get him tested just in case

A fecal is always a good idea.

Just to note, my Cham won't eat dubia out of a cup, they just don't move around enough to get his attention. I put them on the screen and keep an eye on them for the few secs it takes for him to nab them.

Also, if there are supers to be had, he will eat nothing else. I had to stop feeding them to him, he'd go on food strike. I know I'm not steaming any broccoli when there's a pizza en route, same idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom