What is a good price for a Cham?

Parsonii would probably be the most expensive. The cheapest ive ever seen one avaliable for was $2500 and the most expensive was $6k. The cheapest would probably be some of the dwarf variety's. Some of them are $15.

Here are the avg prices for babies that I have seen

Veiled - $35
Panther $180-300 (depending on breed)
Jackson - $85

Here are the avg prices for babies that I have seen

Veiled - $35 That would be for a baby .... adults can fetch $200 - $300 Translucents are around $1000.

Panther $180-300 (depending on breed) Can bring $500 or more .. I think $250 to $300 would be average.

Jackson - $85 This is probably a good average price. I have seen them for as high as $150 (xantholophus)

-Brad

Most baby panthers I have seen are $169.99-$250. I said for babies at the top of my previous post. lol

Shop around and you can almost always find something you like within your budget. There is no set price. I got my male jacksons (CB) for 20 bucks because AFOAF had a breeding pair and they were constantly having babies. I got my female from someone I didn't know as well...80 bucks. On most of the professionally done up websites panthers will sell upwards of 300-400...but like anything else if you can't afford that or just don't want to pay it...look around. It helps if breeding chameleons is not how the person makes a living...you're more likely to get a better deal. And don't let the breeders fool you...it takes no special talent or equipment that your average hobbyist couldn't acquire to let two animals mate with each other. Just read up on proper husbandry, and like anything else, it's easy as pie.

Ok I'm done. :)

Most baby panthers I have seen are $169.99-$250. I said for babies at the top of my previous post. lol

Why yes you did!:)
I wasn't meaning to correct you ... just widening the scope.
As with anything, the value is equal to what someone is willing to pay and what you're willing to give it up for.

Kitty's babies will be one million dollars!:rolleyes:

-Brad

Why yes you did!:)
I wasn't meaning to correct you ... just widening the scope.
As with anything, the value is equal to what someone is willing to pay and what you're willing to give it up for.

Kitty's babies will be one million dollars!:rolleyes:

-Brad

That's a little pricey don't you think:)

~~~ OK LLC, what is it exactly that YOU do that makes your chameleons turn out with such beautiful colors? And I do admit, you've got very nice looking chams...but it isn't anything that YOU do that anyone else couldn't do that makes them that way. How hard is it to say "That cham looks good, so does that one...they're both healthy..." etc etc.? Come on...keep it real man, that's all I'm sayin'...just keep it real. ;)

~~~ OK LLC, what is it exactly that YOU do that makes your chameleons turn out with such beautiful colors? And I do admit, you've got very nice looking chams...but it isn't anything that YOU do that anyone else couldn't do that makes them that way. How hard is it to say "That cham looks good, so does that one...they're both healthy..." etc etc.? Come on...keep it real man, that's all I'm sayin'...just keep it real. ;)

that's like saying to the patriots, I know you guys are a really good football team and you are probably going to win the super bowl but I mean for real man go out of your way to look out for strange people like me that think they could win the superbowl too but really couldn't

Thanks for the compliment.

You are right HIro, i remember getting the advice "Son, you can do anything you put your mind to!" I suppose that advice applies to every human being on this earth, so yeah, anyone can do it.

My comment is directed at the fact that you said it was easy. That is why I quoted you with a chuckle. I never said i do something secret and special to have good looking chams. I invite you to spend a day here and see exactly how easy it is to do, getting up a few hours early before I go off to teach 5th grade, then spend a few hours in the evening making sure things are perfect. Take a look at the "HEALTH" section of this forum. Look at how many people are having problems with their ONE chameleon.

So relax a bit there buddy, i was just laughing at the fact that you think it is easy.

I think he means that big breeders shouldn't worry about individuals doing it in their homes with one or two pairs. They are no threat to them...

???

Back
Top Bottom