what greens can you feed chams?

jdmjames

ive read that chams will ocassionally eat greens when they are older so i wasnt thinking about it yet buttttttttt, my jharjhar (veiled) has decided he wants to eat some greens. i caught him trying to eat a fake leaf then i guess he figured out it was impossible and quit lol. so what do you feed them? lettuce? romain? thanks in advance, :)

I hope he doesn't keep trying to eat the fake leaves and actually succeeds. I would remove the fake leaves...and use non-toxic real plants that have been well-washed (both sides of the leaves)...such as pothos, hibiscus, etc.

You can offer your veiled dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, slivers of carrot, squash, sweet potato, sweet red peppers, zucchini...and a small amount of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.).

I hope he doesn't keep trying to eat the fake leaves and actually succeeds. I would remove the fake leaves...and use non-toxic real plants that have been well-washed (both sides of the leaves)...such as pothos, hibiscus, etc.

You can offer your veiled dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, slivers of carrot, squash, sweet potato, sweet red peppers, zucchini...and a small amount of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.).

Im not trying to be sarcastic but how do you wash a plant? I sprayed mine off with water before putting my guy in. I'd hate to have missed something.

i planted a collard green in the backyard [dont know why] and was suprised my vieled cham loves chewing on the leaves. I had put some in his feeder cup for the crickets. He's a messy eater though and keeps dropping them in the pond.

yeahh im keeping an eye on him. the leaves are pretty thick so i know he wont tear a peice off i tried with my hand and i couldnt do it without taking a whole bunch with me. i did put a cup of collard greens with a peice of banana. hasnt even looked at it lol. i think he got discouraged when he tried to eat the fake leaves.

yeahh im keeping an eye on him. the leaves are pretty thick so i know he wont tear a peice off i tried with my hand and i couldnt do it without taking a whole bunch with me. i did put a cup of collard greens with a peice of banana. hasnt even looked at it lol. i think he got discouraged when he tried to eat the fake leaves.

Mine was doing the same thing, which is why I started giving him greens. He knows where I put them and expects them to be there and hasn't tried to mess with the fake ones since then! I used one of those big paper clip things to clip them on the plants he was trying to eat at first. Once he figured out the difference I could move them anywhere for him to eat.

Back
Top Bottom