What fruits are safe for chameleons?

JC Cham

I would like to feed my Veiled Chameleon fruits but don't know which ones are really beneficial and safe. I have read that many have tried feeding banana and it seems that chameleons love it but then someone mentioned that banana has lots of sugar and better to stay away from it. Any suggestions and nutrition facts would be highly appreciated.

I would like to feed my Veiled Chameleon fruits but don't know which ones are really beneficial and safe. I have read that many have tried feeding banana and it seems that chameleons love it but then someone mentioned that banana has lots of sugar and better to stay away from it. Any suggestions and nutrition facts would be highly appreciated.

Banana is fine. Just don't give them a ton of it because it clashes with calcium.

Ender will eat raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and sometimes grapes now... I'm trying to add a few more in there. I know a lot of people use apples.

Peter will eat peaches and blueberries for days.

I don't think there are any fruits that are particularly bad for your Veiled. Just some need to be fed in moderation because they will clash with the calcium intake from insects, as I said above. And make sure you really cut everything up into tiny "bite sized" pieces, or they will have a hard time swallowing it.

It's ok to feed fruits every once in awhile but they are very sweet and shouldn't be used on a regular basis. Veggies such as greens and grated carrot are much better to feed,

You can offer grated carrot, zucchini, thin strips of squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, collards, endive, dandelion greens, etc. Go easy on the fruit as was mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom