What fruits and veggies are good for my cham?

LeotheveiledBoy

Hey dudes, I've been looking for a good solid list on what fruits and vegetables are the best for my cham but I can't seem to find one. Can anyone help me. I mean I've seen some on pet store websites but I think I trust you guys more. Any response is appreciated. THank you <3

Great question I want to know this too!

What do you have?

So far I've only gut loaded haven't really given my boy anything.

Does anyone's Ambilobe eat fruit and if so what please?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/

"Best - These gutloading ingredients are best because they are highest in calcium, low in phosphorus, oxalates and goitrogens. They should be the primary components of your gutload: mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion leaves, collard greens, escarole lettuce, papaya, watercress and alfalfa.

Good - These gutloading ingredients are good because they are moderately high in calcium and other vitamins/minerals. They should be used in addition to those from the previous category: sweet potato, carrots, oranges, mango, butternut squash, kale, apples, beet greens, blackberries, bok choy and green beans."

Hi guys... My boy is only four months old, at what age do I start feeding him fruits and veggies..?

"Best - These gutloading ingredients are best because they are highest in calcium, low in phosphorus, oxalates and goitrogens. They should be the primary components of your gutload: mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion leaves, collard greens, escarole lettuce, papaya, watercress and alfalfa.

Good - These gutloading ingredients are good because they are moderately high in calcium and other vitamins/minerals. They should be used in addition to those from the previous category: sweet potato, carrots, oranges, mango, butternut squash, kale, apples, beet greens, blackberries, bok choy and green beans."
Thanks for this very helpful, so runner beans which I have a garden full of are good? Didnt even know that.

Thank you so much. <3

Great question I want to know this too!

What do you have?

So far I've only gut loaded haven't really given my boy anything.

Does anyone's Ambilobe eat fruit and if so what please?

Hi! no, i know veiled eat certain % of fruits but panther are insectivores ;)

Hi guys... My boy is only four months old, at what age do I start feeding him fruits and veggies..?

Depending, if you got other than veiled, he might be ready in 10-15 years not before! if you got a veiled, you can start (about 10% of the diet) if he want some let him eat

cant speak for the other items but dandelion greens, turnip greens and mustard greens are very high in oxalates and should be fed sparingly. I was feeding my roaches heavily on dandelion greens until a member was kind enough to point this out. Some should be ok, but I wouldn't want to have a diet where half of their veggies are these greens.

I haven't had veildes in many years, back then we fed romain but that apparently is just OK for them. Whatever you use, feed a variety. This is one big advantage that veildes have over other chams... you can "gutload" directly and offer a huge variety with a trip to the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom