What enclosure to buy

Brieb17

Hi guys so I was going to build my cage but I don’t have the time I thought I did but I was wondering if this enclosure was a bad one to buy? Or should I get the full screen one?
EF3740F3-B9E6-48F1-BA37-910B34B155EA.png

That would be a great enclosure to buy, but not from that supplier. Have heard terrible things about that place. Should be available on amazon
Awesome there’s one from petsupplies.com that’s $174 do you know if they’re a good place or not?

CB Reptiles as a poor reputation for selling animals but I have not heard anything about issues with products. Then it's just a matter of wanting to support a business that sells sick animals -- but like I said $77 is a steal -- you won't find anything cheaper.

IMO I would go for it. I don’t support their selling of animals but that is an amazing price, given it comes in good condition.

Give it a shot, but I think it is a misleading add. It says starting at $74 I bet that is just the smaller cage. On that note I have a site and have been trying to find a reliable source for the XL. If you can find one buy it. I have been seeing them go for as much as $200

That CB reptile site is kind of miss leading, it "starts" at small=$79 and XL=$159

Amazon has them without LED for $105 but -$26 addition off if you click the coupon so thats $79 for the XL version. An LED stip cost only about $10 and you can have way more color options.

Consider dragonstrand.com I think they are the best
Another one to look at is diycages.com This one is also produced by a hobbyist and not Zoomed
So here’s the moral aspect: zoomed does a whole lot for the rights of us nuts to keep herps, but also has the chameleon kit overshadowing this contribution. The reptibreeze is a decent option, but it’ll require some work on your behalf to make it ideal.

On the other hand, cages from https://dragonstrand.com/ are built to last, and the large atrium hybrid cages are the Cadillac of enclosures. Often things that tout being all-in-ones usually do each thing poorly, but the dragon strand hybrid cages seem to be an exception—combining the best parts of all screen and all glass enclosures. Think about it.

So here’s the moral aspect: zoomed does a whole lot for the rights of us nuts to keep herps, but also has the chameleon kit overshadowing this contribution. The reptibreeze is a decent option, but it’ll require some work on your behalf to make it ideal.

On the other hand, cages from https://dragonstrand.com/ are built to last, and the large atrium hybrid cages are the Cadillac of enclosures. Often things that tout being all-in-ones usually do each thing poorly, but the dragon strand hybrid cages seem to be an exception—combining the best parts of all screen and all glass enclosures. Think about it.
I like your point about Zoomed and keeper rights. Do they support USARK or something similar? Obviously, our rights also support their bottom line, but it’s still helpful.
the lack of consideration for Cham health is pretty awful though. And upgrading to an XL is just more money for them. I don’t know. It’s a personal choice I suppose

totally agree on the DS cages 👍

I like your point about Zoomed and keeper rights. Do they support USARK or something similar? Obviously, our rights also support their bottom line, but it’s still helpful.
the lack of consideration for Cham health is pretty awful though. And upgrading to an XL is just more money for them. I don’t know. It’s a personal choice I suppose

totally agree on the DS cages 👍
Usark is a zoomed initiative, if memory serves.

Back
Top Bottom