What else to feed?

Krank

My chameleons name is krank and is about 5 months or 6 months old and im wondering if I can start feeding him other things mealworms ect ect.

Mealworms are not good for them but you can feed superworms, silkworms, hornworms, flies and dubia....all the appropriate size, tho. Jann

I've been feeding my cham hornworms all the time lately and she loves them. And from what I hear they are the best for them.

not necessarily the best for them.
I do however love using hornworms as hydration helper and medicine administering therapy.

The best care for chameleon is by having as much as feeder variety as possible without sacrificing the safety of your chameleon's health (for obvious reason we don't feed them scorpion, ladybugs, fireflies, and some insects obtained from pesticide infested areas).
I fed mine many insects:
crickets, locust, silkies, phoenix worm, hawk moth, silk worm moth, house flies, bottle flies, roaches, supers, mantis, and many others.
About 99% of them is bred and raised by insect farmer (not wild caught).

I never fed my chameleon waxworm and mealworm.

Here is what I feed my cham.

Hornworms, Crickets, Wax Worms, House Flies (used to do meal worms) but no more.

at that age you can feed just about anything you want so long as it is not on the toxic list. Meal worms are OK but in moderation due to the chitin content.

Hope that helps

OPI

I totally agree with dodolah
VARIETY is important to the health and happiness of your chameleons. As many have said, You can feed yours a wide array of appropriate sized bugs.
I use: crickets, kingworms (aka superworms), Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, Indian Walking Sticks (phasmid), silkworms, butterworms, Turkish Roaches, mealworms (yes, they're okay now and then - better if you breed yourself, and only offer freshly molted (white) ones as they're easier to digest), waxworms (treats only), hornworms (you would have to use small ones of course), grasshoppers, woodsows (aka pill bugs - and like mealworms these take longer to digest, so moderation is key), moths, etc.

Back
Top Bottom