What else should I add to my cage

i need help and suggestions on what else I should add to his cage and what I can use from outdoors for her cage I want her to feel as comfortable and happy as possible

There’s a thread of members posting pics of their enclosures. It’s really inspiring to see how the experienced members have their enclosures set up. You need a lot more branches and/or vines throughout varying levels of the enclosure. Take your fake plant and hang it from the top instead of having it sit on the bottom. Get a Pothos plant which will provide walkways as it grows and hold moisture for drinking and humidity. Basically, fill in that big empty space with things your Cham can walk on and hide in. Also, I don’t see a linear UVB light, which is essential! Go back and read carefully the care sheets about that and everything else. They are an awesome resource to doing what’s right for your Cham.

The bottom 75% of the viv should be full.

Put your plants in first, then come back with your sticks and connect all your plants together with those sticks both vertically and horizontally. Think of the plants as towns and the branches as highways. They allow your Cham to access every part of the viv at will. This is also crucial for your Cham to be able to access all the different gradients you’ve created for him to satisfy his bodily needs.

This viv is 100% automated and the plants have grown in a lot since this viv was built but it’s still a good example of what you should be working towards. When you approach your viv it should take you a second or two to find your Cham, they need hiding spots. Every viv should have 1 hide in it that your Cham can retreat to where no one can see him, think of it as his “safe space.”

Empty space = Wasted space!
EF3588C9-E25C-421C-99A2-8B6E3353A28D.jpeg

Attachments

• F6BE3AF7-BC52-4800-B37D-6EFE8B821B69.jpeg
    F6BE3AF7-BC52-4800-B37D-6EFE8B821B69.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 85
The bottom 75% of the viv should be full.

Put your plants in first, then come back with your sticks and connect all your plants together with those sticks both vertically and horizontally. Think of the plants as towns and the branches as highways. They allow your Cham to access every part of the viv at will. This is also crucial for your Cham to be able to access all the different gradients you’ve created for him to satisfy his bodily needs.

This viv is 100% automated and the plants have grown in a lot since this viv was built but it’s still a good example of what you should be working towards. When you approach your viv it should take you a second or two to find your Cham, they need hiding spots. Every viv should have 1 hide in it that your Cham can retreat to where no one can see him, think of it as his “safe space.”

Empty space = Wasted space!
View attachment 239822
thank you so much :) your cage is really nice

So both of those plants give a white sap when a leave or a branch brakes. That can be really harmful for his eyes. Also, the gardenia blooms this really amazing smelling flower, which is really toxic for animals. Smells Like heaven though. He might be tempted to eat the flower when it blooms. The vinca is a full sun Annual so it will probably not live int he enclosure for long.

So both of those plants give a white sap when a leave or a branch brakes. That can be really harmful for his eyes. Also, the gardenia blooms this really amazing smelling flower, which is really toxic for animals. Smells Like heaven though. He might be tempted to eat the flower when it blooms. The vinca is a full sun Annual so it will probably not live int he enclosure for long.
I have done research on the gardenias plants and in 2012 here on chameleon forums there was a discussion saying they are safe for plants, the vincas those I may take out it doesn’t specifically say I’d they are bad or good but she seems to drink off them and eat them just fine

I have done research on the gardenias plants and in 2012 here on chameleon forums there was a discussion saying they are safe for plants, the vincas those I may take out it doesn’t specifically say I’d they are bad or good but she seems to drink off them and eat them just fine
The leaves ain’t bad for either, it’s the white sap.

Back
Top Bottom