What else does a veield cham need ??

So I have a veiled cham and now I'm buying the rest of his necessities.

So far he has:
foliage
Live plants
Heat lamp
I hand mist 2 times a day
Crickets
Reptical
Superworms
Mealworms
Now I'm currently getting his t5ho uvb

What else do you think he would need??

what supplements exactly do you have? There should be more then one.
Mealworms are not a good staple feeder.
Adding a dripper during the day is helpful so they can drink.
Feeder runs are nice to have.

If you post a picture of your entire enclosure that would be very helpful.

How long have you had this chameleon?

Please out some photos of the chameleon and the whole cage.
You need to be more specific with your information so we can help you.
Had him for two months and I'm currently on the road rn I'm trying to get a picture

Had him for two months and I'm currently on the road rn I'm trying to get a picture

What other supplements would I need???

Omg I realized it was you beman you helped me last time . I took your uvb advice but now I need more help

Snapchat-1610645140.jpg

I just got paid today so his uvb you see there is going today I'm getting the t5ho rn I'm on the road to another city which is another hour away . So prayers you guys :)

View attachment 302808
I just got paid today so his uvb you see there is going today I'm getting the t5ho rn I'm on the road to another city which is another hour away . So prayers you guys :)
Ok so since the top of your cage is not screen your UVI levels will be different and more like those not using anything between due to the type of guard your using.

You need either a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 bulb. Bulb to certain fixture matter. Or a T8 fixture and a 10.0 bulb. Again bulb to specific fixture.

Let me know what you end up getting and I can give you more details.

All those fake vines need to come out. The ones with the silk flowers are very dangerous if he eats them.

I would skip t8 tbh if possible get t5 ho all the way that way you can use a modern supplementation regime.
T5 has a better chance of success
You can still use the regular supplementation with a T8 and a 10.0 or 5.0 bulb at the correct distance. It still will produce an output of a 3 UVI level just the distance is closer then with a T5HO fixture and bulb.

You can still use the regular supplementation with a T8 and a 10.0 or 5.0 bulb at the correct distance. It still will produce an output of a 3 UVI level just the distance is closer then with a T5HO fixture and bulb.
Im using Arcadia pro t5 with low (very low d3 supplement) i was under the impression that with a t8 and its 6-9 months life span that a d3 supplement is needed to ensure any short comings with d3. Wasn't aware that the t8 lamps prodce usable d3 but haven't looked into it tbh.
Anyway t5 is definitely the way forward in any case and a better starting point.

Im using Arcadia pro t5 with low (very low d3 supplement) i was under the impression that with a t8 and its 6-9 months life span that a d3 supplement is needed to ensure any short comings with d3. Wasn't aware that the t8 lamps prodce usable d3 but haven't looked into it tbh.
Anyway t5 is definitely the way forward in any case and a better starting point.
Yes, a T8 is totally capable of the output needed. But only with the correct bulb strength and the correct distance. A T5 lamp is stronger then a T8. So it will push the UVB farther down then a T8. The lamps do not produce D3 the lamps produce the UVI level for the cham to then internally produce D3 from the UV light conversion in their body. This is a long chain of events in the body and I do not remember all the steps it goes through. All bulbs have to be replaced. If not using a solarmeter the rule of thumb in the hobby is 6-9 months for a reptisun bulb and 12 months for an arcadia bulb.

Back
Top Bottom