What do you wish you had known (dubia, hornworms, waxworms)

I had to use a heat mat... I have never had luck getting them to eat unless it is warmer then 78. So I keep them on a heat pad for a tank and keep them in the tank in their containers. If you have a hot area of your house that works too. I just never have had a garage that I could utilize.
Me either. I keep mine in a plastic bin in my bedroom. It never gets very cold in there. It’s always very warm even in the dead of winter unless I open the window. My Dubia do eat for me.

From the wild lol. Really though, I don’t know of anywhere where you can legally buy them. Unsure about grasshoppers, but locusts I’m pretty sure are illegal in the US. It’s Too bad
no in some states you can keep them. There are people on this forum that propagate them. I can’t remember exactly who, but you can search in this particular part of the forum about Cham food and you’ll find posts about it. Jamest0o0 is our resident bug guy. I don’t know if he keeps them or not but he’ll know who does. I don’t think you can buy them from anyone here though.

I thought they where illegal but was corrected on my thread ( Dubia ) that laws have changed for locusts in the USA.

I hate crickets ( hate being a bit stronge) but the jumpy little shites do my head in lol 😆 so for me personally I would like to know/ understand more about silkworms as I can't seem to keep alive long . Just got around 100 4th hooper locusts wow can they eat lol 😆but loving the learning
I hate crickets to but I got used to them. I even had to caught one yesterday from running away 🤢but there are a lot of no touch methods

Ok initial thread questioned for dubia roaches. I wish I had known how much space adult dubia should have also locusts . I have put my locusts in a3x18x3 tank and just today put my dubia in a larger container ( I know this is not always possible or realistic for most people) I'm maybe thinking to deep or not that the insects I keep deserve due care attention and as much respect as my chameleon I want them to also be looked after the best I can

Back
Top Bottom