What do you think?

kalber

Hello. I am a first time owner of a Male Veiled Chameleon. I was just curious to see what some other chameleon enthusiasts had to say.

Name: Rango
Enclosure: 19" L x 19" W x 23" H - Exo Terra
Food: 1/4" Crickets about 6-10 a day (supplemented with Flukers high calcium cricket diet)
Supplement: Zoo Med's brand Reptivite w D3 (about twice a month) & Rep-Cal Calcium w/o D3 (almost every feeding)
Lights: Exo Terra UVB & a regular 60 watt light bulb (running around 12 hrs a day)
Temp: Basking area 85-95 degrees. Coolest area is around 70 degrees

Rango is starting to LOVE his misting sessions. He gets about 2 a day while his cage gets misted around 4-5 times a day. I also made a dripper out of an old Folgers container (disinfected first) and an air regulator for aquarium tubing. I have attached a few pictures. Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Cage.jpg
    Cage.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Rango.jpg
    Rango.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 112
  • eating.jpg
    eating.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Rango1.jpg
    Rango1.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Rango2.jpg
    Rango2.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 114
Very cute!
but your supplments are wrong.
you need a calcium without d3 for every feeding (dust it on bugs)
calcium with d3 for two feedings a month. dust it on bugs
multivitamin twice a month, dust on bugs.

you also should gutload your bugs.
do some research on that.
its the foods you feed to the bugs to get them healthier.

Thank you for the reply #camimon. I think my original post was a little confusing. I dust crickets with calcium with d3 about twice a month and without d3 every feeding.

Also the Fluckers High Calcium Cricket Diet is supposed to be my way of "gut-loading" not sure if its a good product. I haven't heard too many bad things about it.

Thanks again!!

Thank you for the reply #camimon. I think my original post was a little confusing. I dust crickets with calcium with d3 about twice a month and without d3 every feeding.

Also the Fluckers High Calcium Cricket Diet is supposed to be my way of "gut-loading" not sure if its a good product. I haven't heard too many bad things about it.

Thanks again!!

Ah ha, ok thats better then.
Its ok. but not great.
I use it to feed when im not going to feed any bugs off.

But i use fresh fruits and beggies, nuts, and seeds to gutload with.

Awesome! Thank you for the information, I will definitely try the fresh fruits and veggies. I like the idea of that rather than "saw dust" looking stuff. :)

Perfect. I will check those out. Thank you!

Do you think Rango, from what you can tell, is a happy healthy little guy? Of course, since i am a new owner, I am over thinking everything.

he looks good.
and you'l love when he colors up more. the yellow bars are awesome, esp when he fires up!

Back
Top Bottom