What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm sure you all know clea was breed. Well now it's around 45 days since she was bred and still no interest in her bin. I'm wondering will it take longer because she wasn't 1 year old? She is still eating and I really can't feel the eggs but yet I see the bumps. She was shown to a male and she showed her gravid colors and went to bite the male. I'm just so awfully confused. What do you think I should do. Some say vet, some say no vet.

Just because she is younger she doesnt take longer, In the wild they breed way before 1, it just shortens their life etc.

I already told you my opinion.

Sometimes it just takes more then 1 try to get a female knocked up. Also its normal for a female to show what looks like gravid coloration when shown a male. Ive had pairs straight fight before mating. I say try it again. I leave males in female cages for a couple of days to make sure they get the job done. This works for me.

Sometimes it just takes more then 1 try to get a female knocked up. Also its normal for a female to show what looks like gravid coloration when shown a male. Ive had pairs straight fight before mating. I say try it again. I leave males in female cages for a couple of days to make sure they get the job done. This works for me.

I don't plan to try to breed her again until March as she will be 14 Months then.

I will call the vet today to see what she thinks.

I dont think you understand, its not just about her age, its about you being able to take care of the babies, when they hatch it will be right in the middle of next school year, how will you be there to mist them and feed them when needed? You dont have to breed her Stefan, and its a matter of being able to take care of the babies, hope that gets through your head.

You said..."it's around 45 days since she was bred and still no interest in her bin"...it might be okay, but it could also be that she's heading towards eggbinding. I can't tell you for sure.

You said..."She was shown to a male and she showed her gravid colors and went to bite the male."...this would indicate that she is non-receptive which could mean that she is gravid or just producing eggs and not interested in mating because of it.

You could have her checked out by a reputable reptile vet or...you could wait until she shows any signs of heading towards eggbinding (sitting at the bottom of the cage, not eating, eyes sunken in, sleeping during the day, etc.). If you wait it might be too late by the time you get there.

You said..."it's around 45 days since she was bred and still no interest in her bin"...it might be okay, but it could also be that she's heading towards eggbinding. I can't tell you for sure.

You said..."She was shown to a male and she showed her gravid colors and went to bite the male."...this would indicate that she is non-receptive which could mean that she is gravid or just producing eggs and not interested in mating because of it.

You could have her checked out by a reputable reptile vet or...you could wait until she shows any signs of heading towards eggbinding (sitting at the bottom of the cage, not eating, eyes sunken in, sleeping during the day, etc.). If you wait it might be too late by the time you get there.

thank you for the help:) I am goign to try to find a vet in my area because i called one that had been working with chameleons before and they said they dont anymore

I dont think you understand, its not just about her age, its about you being able to take care of the babies, when they hatch it will be right in the middle of next school year, how will you be there to mist them and feed them when needed? You dont have to breed her Stefan, and its a matter of being able to take care of the babies, hope that gets through your head.

He has already stated that it is a family endeavor. The only reason I think it is a bad idea is because I can remember when you were asking for people to help you with feeders for Clea. Now you are going to expect another 20-30+ to feed? Also, what if you dont sell them all by the time they need individual cages? Even if you have 5-10 left that is 5-10 sub adults that need individual cages(I also remember you having a hard time getting your parents to get proper lighting for Clea so now you are going to need a lot more). I really hope your family isn't thinking breeding veileds is a way to make a lot of money because unfortunately if you sell them 30-50 each you will more than likely be breaking even... Is it worth it?

It is all worth it. I'm have heard peoples oppions from breeders and non-breeders and only the breeders have faith in me. If she has no eggs, I won't be in a rush to rebreed her. Most people think because I'm a kid I can't do it. There is some many people to help me out and if I do ending having chameleons that couldn't me sold as babies, I will either sell them to breeders on here and keep some of them. My main worry is just if she is heading toward eggbinding. Does anyone know of a good vet in the boca raton/deerfield beach area? I called the Hillsboro animal clinic and they said they don't work on chameleons

Just because you're a "kid" which means baby goat btw, doesn't mean anything, I am going to start breeding next year but I know I could be spending hundreds just on food, my main point here is if not so long ago you couldn't provide for your 1 Cham properly, how will you provide for these babies, you will probably, and most likely make less money than you spent, if you want to see babies so badly and plan on keeping some why not just buy a male yourself. All this typing will still probably go in vain.

Just because you're a "kid" which means baby goat btw, doesn't mean anything, I am going to start breeding next year but I know I could be spending hundreds just on food, my main point here is if not so long ago you couldn't provide for your 1 Cham properly, how will you provide for these babies, you will probably, and most likely make less money than you spent, if you want to see babies so badly and plan on keeping some why not just buy a male yourself. All this typing will still probably go in vain.

Your a year older what difference is there. I can afford things now and won't ask anymore of you guys.

There is no Difference and that's my point! Don't victimize yourself. All I'm saying is you're in over your head and you'll soon realize it.

Just because I post something you don't like doesn't mean I'm picking a fight.

Get her to a vet, hopefully you surprise us.....

He honestly has a point. I don't think he's worried about you, but more of where the money is coming from. If youre parents aren't willing to pay for correct lighting for one, then how can you expect him to buy more lights, more tubs, more food, etc.

He's just saying he doesn't think you're parents are as willing as you arento care for the babies. Did you show them 'the cost of raising 69 veileds' thread yet?

He honestly has a point. I don't think he's worried about you, but more of where the money is coming from. If youre parents aren't willing to pay for correct lighting for one, then how can you expect him to buy more lights, more tubs, more food, etc.

He's just saying he doesn't think you're parents are as willing as you arento care for the babies. Did you show them 'the cost of raising 69 veileds' thread yet?

Pssh yes I did show them and now they are more willing to help me out. Just because of what happened before doesn't mean it will happen again as my parents have seen over the past couple months how much I care and appreciate these animals.

Well, from what I've seen, that's the only reason why people are bagging on you. So as long as your parents are willing to pay and to keep extra babies I think you're okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom