What do you think about this Ambilobe?

tonixyz

Hello,

I'm a beginner and after some months of study and having my terrarium ready, I still have the most important thing to do, which is to choose the chameleon and its not an easy task

I have seen this specimen of Ambilobe in a shop and it would be a great help if you could give me your opinion about it. Do you see everything correct in terms of health or do you see any problem?

Thanks in advance.
Toni

Attachments

• PHOTO-2021-04-23-10-14-15.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-04-23-10-14-15.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 108
  • PHOTO-2021-04-23-11-35-32.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-04-23-11-35-32.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 108
  • PHOTO-2021-04-23-11-34-38.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-04-23-11-34-38.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 105
  • PHOTO-2021-04-23-10-15-05.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-04-23-10-15-05.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 105
  • cham 4.jpeg
    cham 4.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 104
I don’t see any obvious signs of anything wrong. He is a beauty! For whatever chameleon you choose, do plan on a wellness visit, including fecal check for parasites, within the first few days. If anything is wrong, a good vet should find it and you should have the option of returning him.

I don’t see any obvious signs of anything wrong. He is a beauty! For whatever chameleon you choose, do plan on a wellness visit, including fecal check for parasites, within the first few days. If anything is wrong, a good vet should find it and you should have the option of returning him.
In addition you can ask if the guarantee him if there is any thing found in a wellness check. The bird shop I go to does this. You have 30days for a wellness check and if any defects are found you can return them. They may not but it is worth asking.

OH she said that oops. but still good advice when you are spending good money for an animal.

From the picks He does look good

Hello,

Thank you very much @CasqueAbove, @Beman, @MissSkitless for your help, it's really important for me to have the opinion of people who have much more experience than me.

In this case, what I was especially concerned about was to check if there could be any signs of metabolic bone disease.

At the same time I think it is a good advice that first visit to the vet.

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you very much @CasqueAbove, @Beman, @MissSkitless for your help, it's really important for me to have the opinion of people who have much more experience than me.

In this case, what I was especially concerned about was to check if there could be any signs of metabolic bone disease.

At the same time I think it is a good advice that first visit to the vet.

Regards,
I am not seeing external signs of MBD. No bends or bowing to his limbs. Spine looks good as well. BUT this does not mean that he does not have issues going on regarding this as a potential issue. Incorrect lighting and supplementation lead to this. HOWEVER even if he has some small issue with it developing it has not gotten to the advanced stages where reversal is hard and your stuck with a deformed chameleon that has a crappy quality of life.

He looks to be a healthy weight. Not too thin and not too fat. Eyes are alert and open, not sunk in.

No signs of thermal burn which is good since they have the dang bulb in the cage. Colors are bright. No signs of bruising from falls or mishandling.

No signs of swelling on the mouth which means better chance of not having something like mouth rot. Inside of mouth should be yellow and healthy looking by the way.

I would get a fecal to ensure that he does not have parasites. Some are very easy to treat and some are a night mare.

But all in all if it were me I would have no issue buying this boy.

In Spain the cost of this chameleon is approximately 340 dollars.

According to the seller this Ambilobe is about 5 months old.

In Spain the cost of this chameleon is approximately 340 dollars.

According to the seller this Ambilobe is about 5 months old.
hmmmmm how many inches do you think he is from tip of nose to vent or tail tip? He is showing a heck of a lot of developed color for a 5 month old. And looks a bit bigger then a 5 month old would.

That's right @Beman , I finally went to the shop and they told me that the chameleon is 8-9 months old, not the 5 months I was initially told.
After observing it carefully and seeing that everything seemed to be ok, I have decided to buy it and it is already at home.

I thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_8627.jpg
    IMG_8627.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8623.jpg
    IMG_8623.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 81
That's right @Beman , I finally went to the shop and they told me that the chameleon is 8-9 months old, not the 5 months I was initially told.
After observing it carefully and seeing that everything seemed to be ok, I have decided to buy it and it is already at home.

I thank you all for your help.
Wonderful! Let us know if you have any questions on your set up and your distances for UVB basking and heat.

Back
Top Bottom