What do you people think of my stack in progress

Dmurray

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346611948.696123.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346611965.024705.jpg

Lucky reptile fans, lucky reptile super rain, lights and rock face background in. Just waiting on the glass :)

What are you animals are you enclosing in these class cages? Most chameleons need screened cages to let air circulate.

Are you painting or sealing the wood?
It's almost a must for any animal so I'm also curious of ur plan of action on that. And its in enclouser and supplies not other reptiles and pets so I am forced to assume its chameleon cages. Which absolutly need to be sealed or painted.

What are you animals are you enclosing in these class cages? Most chameleons need screened cages to let air circulate.
Most cases I would readily agree with u but he does have decent vents and a small fan in each one. This is given the unseen top is screen. Which it would have to be for enough flow.

Hello guys, sorry been non stop with work!! There measured at 1000x450x450. I have used aquatic sealant throughout and an extremely low voc varnish which is basically water. Have I missed anything?

Is the top screen? Drainage? How's that light varnish gonna hold up to excessive water for years? What type of cham are you housing

I have small cut outs on the bottom back right of each viv and the stack is on a slight angle so water runs down (like a gutter) to a bottle at the end. I have so far put 2 coats of varnish on and planning at least another 2 coats. The top isn't meshed but I have 4 50mm vents and 1 50mm vent for the fan which is providing good airflow

I have small cut outs on the bottom back right of each viv and the stack is on a slight angle so water runs down (like a gutter) to a bottle at the end. I have so far put 2 coats of varnish on and planning at least another 2 coats. The top isn't meshed but I have 4 50mm vents and 1 50mm vent for the fan which is providing good airflow

Hi there - if the top is not mesh, what is it made of? whatever it is, you definitely want to make sure that the material will not be a barrier for your UV lights...

That takes care of the UV then! Like Reptilover, I generally don't like having the lights in the enclosure, but I see no major issue with keeping fluorescents there...

Flouresents can get hot to the touch. Not to mention if ur cham decides to climb on it could cause issues such as bulb slipping out breaking, none the less what about a heat light?

Edit. Please don't take our criticizems as insult uve built a beautiful multi cham enclouser were just helping with details make sure everything works out perfect for you! :)

All my chameleons have been in vivs and I've never encountered a problem with light or heat lamps, i never have cable running through the viv they always run straight out the top to stop
Them climbing cables and getting close to the lights. All your advice is good and never taken as digs to my work that's why I like the forum :)

Having screen between the lighting, and the animal is a good idea.

If a bulb breaks, the bulk of the glass, and phosphorous wont get to the animal.

It would also be great for ventilation if the whole top was screened.

I myself would screen it.

I would also paint it.

It looks great, and look forward to seeing it finished. ;)

I agree with Solid Snake, I think it would look much nicer painted. The workmanship is really nice, and well thought out, but that material (looks to me like cheap osb board), really takes away from the finished product. A nice dark stain in my opinion would bring the whole thing together, and take your eyes away from the materials used. Overall, very nice set up you have going on there!

Back
Top Bottom