What do you all do with bugs that are too big for your Cham?

Breed 'em, feed 'em to something bigger, squish 'em...
If they are native to where you live, you could release them, but ONLY if they're native.
IDK, none of mine have ever gotten that big.

When I went to get crickets all they had was medium to large and they won’t pick out just the mediums for you, lol! As for the horned worms, I couldn’t see them very well in their packages so I didn’t know they were too big till I got them home. We have tomato worms around here and I think that’s what they are so should I just let them go? We have crickets to so I suppose I can let the big ones go.

Freeze them to kill them off rather then letting them go. You would be introducing bugs that are NOT party of your environment. This really is not a good thing.
Buy smaller sized crickets since your store mixes the mediums and larges. You can always feed a few additional small ones to make up for the size rather then attempting to feed ones that are too large or having to kill them off.

I'm not the one to ask about that; there are different species.
If you know the species for sure, you can check the geographical range via google.
If you don't know, I wouldn't release them.

I’m not into breeding bugs anymore. I did that 20 years ago when I first had chams but I don’t have the room now. I live in a senior 1 bedroom apartment and it is small.

No harm in taken them back with you and asking . I ordered mealworms by mistake a couple of months ago off the Internet took them to my local petshop and got some feeders in exchange. Nothing to lose 😉

I eat any extras I have. I don't let protein go to waste.
Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom