what do yall think...i think hes looking good

juice28

Ok some of you may have seen a post or two where i mentioned my "rehab" project..a male veiled cham that i purchased about 6 7 weeks ago. ive been working with him alot everyday and i think hes finally able to make his debut. see link at bottom to get straight to the pics lol

lil history, july 27-28 was the repticon in el paso TX.. i went and was referred to a local shop for a cham so i went to check them out..and i saw this guy.. he was super skinny..in a 16x16x20 cage.. no uvb light or heat light, and had like two of those bunches of plastic plants and no dripper but he had the meanest looking eyes..like he thought he was a t rex or something lol. there was another one who was healthier looking but he didnt seem to have that.."fight" in him ya know..he didnt really fire up at all when they were both out and just chilled in my hand, the other super bad looking one was on fire..sunken eyses..skin wasnt looking all that good..very skinny.. but he had attitude!! so i chose him..

i wouldve posted the pics but theyre big and its a few of them so i made an album of his progression up to this point.. pics are in order backwards though so the first pic top left is the most recent and the bottom row bottom right is the first pic.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/album.php?albumid=2468

He looks great!! You've worked so hard and it shows! That's wonderful juice! Keep up the good work and keep us updated. :)

Good Work!!

I just received a male veiled, 2 months old, skinny as all get out - but saw him eating his crickets this morning. When I took him out of his little container he reached his little arms out to the leaves, and settled right in. :p

Your's looks fantastic! Hope I can get Pablo looking that good someday. He is still settling in, and boy, do they move slow or what? I wanted to watch him all day, but had to leave for work. Wish me luck!

Qyestion: is this your first chameleon? you look like an expert.:)

Thanks you all. I put in a fair amount of work but I got lucky so far he hasn't had any real issues yet. I just feed him pretty much all day every day, take him outside on weekends for some real sun.

I like the fact that his stripes are off. One side has like this weird....h looming stripe the other side has three. Any ideas on age? I have no idea on that one

I just received a male veiled, 2 months old, skinny as all get out - but saw him eating his crickets this morning. When I took him out of his little container he reached his little arms out to the leaves, and settled right in. :p

Your's looks fantastic! Hope I can get Pablo looking that good someday. He is still settling in, and boy, do they move slow or what? I wanted to watch him all day, but had to leave for work. Wish me luck!

Qyestion: is this your first chameleon? you look like an expert.:)

Oh noo im no expert lol he is my second cham. First is the female.veiled I have. I've kept tons of animals...but never chameleons specifically. When I got Mako he sat under his driper for about ten minutes drinking....and he ate 17 large crickets before I stopped feeding him lol. He ate 15 red runner roaches day two so he was literally just hungry and thirsty. Your lil dude will be ok if he's eating and drinking that's always a good sign, with anything. feed him all day, he a baby so you cant really overfeed him at 2 months. I did a ton and still do a ton of reading, mainly in the health forum just to see what issues other people are having or had so I can recognize something if it happens and what to do

Back
Top Bottom