What do I need to make my cage Bioactive?

It’s Saturday, and I’m brain storming. I don’t want to have a bucket outside the cage for drainage.... so... here what I’m thinking. I use the 24x24 pan, which is in the cage right now for the drainage. I’ll buy a set of dragon ledges and install them towards the bottom. Now I create a 24x24 screen bottom (or something strong enough with drainage Holes. I’ll build my Bioactive layers on it.

All I now would have to do is pull out the pan and clean it up.

Bad idea? Or am I on to something?
Remember, I’ve never done this before, so no laughing.

Just thought I would share. There is nothing in my cage yet but here is my bioactive cage setup, I haven't set up my misting system but one bottle of water with the spray bottle can keep me at 50% humidity into the night. I would suggest installing your misters early and not using the spray bottle but your cage can get the cages humidity in the 90% by adding more water, just make sure the plants have good ventilation and the plants don't become stagnant. I am not too concerned about the water but if I was I would probably put a shower curtain and tuck it into the waterproof bag full of sphagnum moss. There are good humidity pockets which is what I like because the more space I had in my cage meant the more water I needed add to raise the humidity.

I still need to raise my LED grow light a few inches however it will light up the whole cage. Hope this helps. I plan on putting isopods and springtails in there for janitor duty.
BW

Back
Top Bottom