What do I feed a juvenile chameleon?

MChameleon

Hello everyone!
Recently my family adopted a juvenile male veiled chameleon (we are guessing he is 5 months old at least). We have bought meal worms, super worms and have an order of crickets on the way (100 count 1/4 size)... are there better food options we should be feeding him? What’s the best meal plan for a juvenile chameleon?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome! :) There’s many good feeders easily available for your chameleon. Meal worms aren’t one of them though, sorry to say. Roaches and silkworms are perhaps the best feeders imho. Both are much cleaner, quieter and easier than crickets. Attaching feeder and gut-loading infographics for you. Some of the feeders you most likely won’t find locally and will need to order on line. There are several reputable suppliers listed under the forum’s sponsors. Hope this helps.
B1237AED-F3AE-4F83-88F4-C9367410D261.jpeg
25826462-D5AD-49E1-8BA0-0CE4779A6D2A.jpeg

Hello everyone!
Recently my family adopted a juvenile male veiled chameleon (we are guessing he is 5 months old at least). We have bought meal worms, super worms and have an order of crickets on the way (100 count 1/4 size)... are there better food options we should be feeding him? What’s the best meal plan for a juvenile chameleon?

Thank you!
My juvenile is on crickets as well, but are not the best feeder due to their phosphorus/calcium ratio. I’m introducing him to BSFLs and roaches I got from @jamest0o0. You’re going to burn through 100 crickets pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom