What do i do now!

Diezel

My cham this moorning got sooo mad i was in his cage that he jumped at me and bit me but in doing so got a small piece of duct tape stuck to him. i was fixing his temperature meter and now its on him HE bites every time i go near him...WHAT DO I DO!

prepare to get bitten :)

there are chemicals in the glue on duct tape that could irritate your cham's skin so you really need to get it off of him asap. try distracting him with one hand and getting the tape with the other.. or try giving him a superworm or something that'll take him a sec to chew and get it while he has his mouth full

good luck :)

ahahah thats hilarious lol i got two sided tape stuck to my females back once and thats stuff is sticky , i lost her trust for a good 3 or 4 months befor i could start to hand feed her again and take her outa her cage with out going into a hissy fit but i wana know how it turned out lol does she got a hit out for you lol

Your the one that got the tape on him and now it looks like your are going to have to pay for this mistake. Stick your hand in slow, remember that most lunges are bluffs (do not jump and jerk away) and then peel that sucker off. Now if I had money on this I would say you get bite right about the time you start peeling off the tape. I suggest finding something better then tape for a job like that in the future. I use wire ties or twist ties. Not sure but it seems like they would last longer then tape.

i have these things i clamped onto the tape and pulled and it WILL NOT come off :( im so upset right now it just will not come off i saturated it with water and everything this stuff wont come off no matter how hard i try

i have these things i clamped onto the tape and pulled and it WILL NOT come off :( im so upset right now it just will not come off i saturated it with water and everything this stuff wont come off no matter how hard i try

Water is the universal solvent. Maybe more will do it. Try putting him in the shower for a while. Can't hurt.

Update

IT CAME OFF! I called a vet and told me to put humidity on full blast and soak him i mean drench him and all i tried didnt work so i was going to drive an hour and thirty minutes away and trying to get him into the box he got his foot stuck to it and i started to flip out! but all of the sudden it came offf!!!! I am so lucky. Lesson Learned! Remember if anything is stuck to them lots of humidity and water! Hes all happy now!

Nope everything is fine hes eating great drinking everything back to normal he just took it off himself im so glad!:D :D

So did the bites hurt?
Fractal used to want to bite... until I had to give him antibiotics. Everytime he opened his mouth he got some. He bit the syringe and I stayed steady so he would know he did not affect me. Now he keeps his mouth closed. lol For now....

no he didnt clamp down he kinda just lunged and kept his mouth open the same amount just scrapping me. Hes doing great now! like nothing happend

Back
Top Bottom