What do hornworms eat?

ChamyLove

My question is what can hornworms eat? I bough my first batch about 1 week ago, and they are getting huge!! I'll probably keep a few and let them turn into moths. But what can I feed them to keep them alive? They came with the "Hornworm Chow", and it is almost out...

pigglett79

Avid Member
They will eat just about any veggie you would use to gut load. I have fed them various greens, carrots, bell pepper, squash and sweet potato.

Sticktongue

Avid Member
I havnt had them in quite awhile, but if memory serves me right, I would leave them in the fridge about half the day

pigglett79

Avid Member
I leave them in the frig for a day or two at a time. Then let them out for day. This way you can make them last a couple weeks longer.

Mistt

What my hornworms eat

I've been trying out different foods for my hornworms after their chow ran out. the LOVE raw potato/potato peelings. I also noticed they love banana, but noticed they got a little hyper/aggressive after eating the banana. maybe it was because of the sugar in it? they might've gotten a sugar rush. They also did enjoy a bit of mushed blackberry. but didn't really care for blueberry or lettuce. :D

hope i helped! :)

Top Bottom