What do black polka dots mean??

DChalo

My male veiled really never showed any sign of aggression but just now i put a new branch in my cage and my veiled flipped out. He turned brownish white with black polka dots and started hissing and extending his neck which was weird because i've never seen polka dots around him before. Should i let him get used to something new before i place it in the cage or should i take another approach to introducing new objects to my cham?

Has he calmed down yet? sometimes it just takes getting used to something new. is the branch colored in any way? is it thick? Maybe he thinks its another cham?

Most likely he is just unsure of the new item in his cage.

Yeah it lasted like 10 seconds and then he started turning light green. Actually, i think he may have been asleep when i put the new branch in. It is a cream wood colored thick branch from petsmart.

Yeah it lasted like 10 seconds and then he started turning light green. Actually, i think he may have been asleep when i put the new branch in. It is a cream wood colored thick branch from petsmart.

I am thinking you just startled the little guy and it sounds like he calmed down after a bit. Waking up a cham is pretty rough on them lol. When they are woken up by something they are expecting to be eaten so they go into panic 'DON"T EAT ME' colors to scare off the 'predator'

Tommy HATES me putting anything in his cage apart from food. If I want to change a plant or add a new branch I have to take him out first and put him back when I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom