what did i do?

was there any type of argument going on in your thread? Sometimes if things get heated up between members it can get closed down for that reason. You could pm Laurie and ask her why it got removed.

I guess it depends on what you said? Did you make negative comments about a particular product?. If you check out the site rules(left side of page), you might find out what you did wrong. There are like a dozen rules that we are all supposed to abide by.

i talked about 2 custom cage website and how they never replied to me, thats the most negative i got. which were customwoodreptilecages.com and newreptilecages.com

Sounds like you were sharing a slightly negative experience with two companies that you named. The forum doesn't like that because the owner could get in trouble with the companies for having negative reviews/comments about them on here. That's the kind of thing that they prefer to keep on the Board of Inquiry on a site like Faunaclassifieds.com.

Olimpia call it, it was the naming of names that made me close it. Check the rules, sorry.

Sounds like you were sharing a slightly negative experience with two companies that you named. The forum doesn't like that because the owner could get in trouble with the companies for having negative reviews/comments about them on here. That's the kind of thing that they prefer to keep on the Board of Inquiry on a site like Faunaclassifieds.com.

I broke none of the forum rules. The rule you might think I broke was defamation. However I did not defame anyone:

*It is critical that businesses understand that simply because information is negative, and even injurious, that statement may not be defamatory. The posting itself would not be a “permitted form of defamation” since if it is found to be defamatory, it would not be permitted. The question is really whether or not the statement is defamatory. Defamation law is almost always analyzed in accordance with First Amendment law. Just as a business or person has protections under the law from being defamed, so too does the speaker have a First Amendment right to speak about his experiences.

The balance therefore comes from an analysis of the speech itself. Again, the negative nature of the statement is not itself conclusive. Rather, for a defamation claim to exist, the speech must not only be damaging, but it also must be false. Thus, if the customer reports a bad encounter, but he is truthful in his recitation of the history, there is likely no claim for defamation. Similarly, opinions are protected. If a customer simply indicates that he does not like the business owner or did not like the business’s products or services, that is arguably an opinion and therefore, is not a statement that is capable of being false. It therefore cannot be defamatory. The customer has a First Amendment right to share his opinions and experiences.

*http://www.internetdefamationlawblo...r-reviews-a-form-of-permitted-defamation.html

Can I have my thread back please? I understand you're just looking out for the forum, but really that was just an account of my experience, no need to jump the gun :)

I broke none of the forum rules.

Yes you did.
Even if they want to listen to what you said there, you violated this rule:

# Conflicts between individuals and/or businesses should NOT be debated in the public forums. Chameleon Forums should not be used as a tool for resolving personal or commercial disputes.

The fact that you put a negative experience is breaking the rule. As Olimpia said, the Fauna BOI is for that. Maybe if those statements were taken out, it would be following the rules.

LPR08

Psi- there was no debate between me and a business. it was an experience that i shared to everyone. whats happening now is a debate. so no.. i did not break any rules.

Linkin- your probably right next time I wont post my experiences on this board, I thought it was a free exchange of opinions and ideas that have to do with chameleons. And seeing as how i was not breaking any rules I thought it would be good to let everyone know what happened in my hours of research to perhaps save them the time and effort. If it is looked down upon (but again not against the rules) to post a negative review, I wont do it again.

All in all, if it was frowned upon, I apoligize. But I still did not break any rule. And the fact that it was so hastily locked makes me feel like some personal bias was involved. Which is why I decided to defend my post. I also apoligize for placing this thread in the wrong forum, I did not know where to put it.

Just saying, this is the rule we are talking about.

3. Conflicts between individuals and/or businesses should NOT be debated in the public forums. Chameleon Forums should not be used as a tool for resolving personal or commercial disputes.

LPR08

It's not personal :) It doesn't have to be a debate, just saying that Bob at Random Reptiles sold you a sick animal and then hasn't returned your calls for a refund/exchange is against that rule. Trust me, I'm completely with you, I wish we could share experiences on here since I don't usually go on Fauna to investigate people/businesses, but the forum just wants to avoid getting in trouble themselves. The no-no is naming them.

Often times if you make a thread about a negative experience but don't name the people involved, forum members that are curious will PM you for the name so they know who you're talking about, and that doesn't break any rules because it's not out in the open (as far as I know.) So next time you can do that.

Back
Top Bottom