What did I do wrong? I'm so heartbroken.

That is too frequent for misting. Is better to give 3-4 mistings of at least 2 minutes daily.
I know nothing about using the critical care for gutloading, but the orange cubes are a mistake many of us have made. Best gutload is to use fresh organic vegetables and greens. I also add to my gutload some bug burger that I’ve added bee pollen and spirulina to.
I can’t weigh in on whether excess humidity killed Zeus, but again, you shouldn’t have been sold such a young chameleon. That young just is too fragile and less able to survive even the smallest errors in husbandry.

Thank you for the tip. I just purchased some bee pollen on amazon. How do you personally use it? Just sprinkle it on their veggies?

Poor Zeus. I know what you are going through buddy. I lost my wee man yesterday a male veiled. He too, was my first chameleon. Heartfelt sympathy for your poor loss. They make excellent pets and I adored Hammy so so much.
I like you, noticed a few things weren't just right on Monday past. Totally uninterested and lethargic. Didn't walk on to my finger to get out, off his food, no movement apart from holding his wee head up to breath. By Tuesday he'd deteriorated considerably. Hammy was hard to watch. To make matters worse, the three veterinary clinics in my town, sadly, do not cater for Reptiles.

I had to intervene on Wednesday. Thankfully, I found a clinic around 45mins drive away. My partner took him, as I am disabled. The vet rang me and said that Hammy had pneumonia and he'd a 99% chance of making a full recovery. He was kept in overnight. Sadly, he didn't respond to the antibiotics and ended up in an oxygen tent. It was too late, he passed away last night around 1900hrs. I'm gutted to have lost such an endearing wee treasure. Ironically, I was planting his new doubled sized vivarium yesterday while he was away being treated. Sadly, Hammy never got to try it out. ?

Take care of yourself
Mark

Thank you for the tip. I just purchased some bee pollen on amazon. How do you personally use it? Just sprinkle it on their veggies?
There’s several ways you can use it. I mix it into the bug burger when I make it. I also sprinkle it directly on my bearded dragons salads. Some dust the feeders with it. Some just add it on the gutload.

Poor Zeus. I know what you are going through buddy. I lost my wee man yesterday a male veiled. He too, was my first chameleon. Heartfelt sympathy for your poor loss. They make excellent pets and I adored Hammy so so much.
I like you, noticed a few things weren't just right on Monday past. Totally uninterested and lethargic. Didn't walk on to my finger to get out, off his food, no movement apart from holding his wee head up to breath. By Tuesday he'd deteriorated considerably. Hammy was hard to watch. To make matters worse, the three veterinary clinics in my town, sadly, do not cater for Reptiles.

I had to intervene on Wednesday. Thankfully, I found a clinic around 45mins drive away. My partner took him, as I am disabled. The vet rang me and said that Hammy had pneumonia and he'd a 99% chance of making a full recovery. He was kept in overnight. Sadly, he didn't respond to the antibiotics and ended up in an oxygen tent. It was too late, he passed away last night around 1900hrs. I'm gutted to have lost such an endearing wee treasure. Ironically, I was planting his new doubled sized vivarium yesterday while he was away being treated. Sadly, Hammy never got to try it out. ?

Take care of yourself
Mark
I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom