What ceramic light holder do you use for a ceramic heat lamp?

Bonginator

I am buying a night time ceramic heat lamp for my Cham and am wondering what ceramic holders I can use for the light.

There is one made for this type of bulb by Exo terra but it got mixed reviews. The bulb requires a ceramic socket.

Thanks.

I am buying a night time ceramic heat lamp for my Cham and am wondering what ceramic holders I can use for the light.

There is one made for this type of bulb by Exo terra but it got mixed reviews. The bulb requires a ceramic socket.

Thanks.

Unless you cage gets really cold at night you should not need one. It is healthy to have a drop in temps at night. You don't need it unless it gets below 60 you and even then a little bit colder is ok depending on the species of your chameleon

Unless you cage gets really cold at night you should not need one. It is healthy to have a drop in temps at night. You don't need it unless it gets below 60 you and even then a little bit colder is ok depending on the species of your chameleon

Thanks for the info. Still going to get one just in case.

Any suggestions from folks that own one?

Thanks.

IT might be less expensive to ask a local hardware store, electric lighting supply, or even agricultural poultry supplies if they carry general purpose ceramic socketed fixtures for halogen bulbs and heat emitters. Just avoid the "herp specialty" products which may not be any different.

I use a $6 dome from menards but you really dont need it. I only used mine a few times and had it plugged into a thermostat so it wouldnt get over the tem I set.

Back
Top Bottom