What can I feed silk worms?

You can buy a silkworm food powder on Amazon, but I’m assuming you need it quickly.

I’ve read that they can temporarily eat other vegetables but I’m not sure. They need mulberry.

I’ve never feed silkies but same thing is happening to my hornworms so I have the same q
Horn worms you can feed bug burger. That's basically what it is I'm pretty sure. But I'm not sure about silk worms... but I know one of the websites sell silk worm food mix you can buy that's not the leaves.

Most silkworms will not go to chow if they have been raised on leaves. If they are larger then they can go without food for about 7 days. But in a pinch you can use dandelion leaves and even shaved carrots. Just keep in mind this will not sustain them long term.

Most silkworms will not go to chow if they have been raised on leaves. If they are larger then they can go without food for about 7 days. But in a pinch you can use dandelion leaves and even shaved carrots. Just keep in mind this will not sustain them long term.
Ok, thank you. These silks had chow not mulberry leaves but maybe I can get them through on some shaved carrots till I can get the chow in.

O that's a better answer than mine lmao

Back
Top Bottom