What Camera Do You Use?

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start up a fun little thread. What does everyone use for cameras for taking pictures of their chameleons, other pets, and really anything for that matter?

I'm a lame-o and just use my iPhone 5s but I'm going to start using my GoPro 3+ since it's better quality in my opinion.

But please share what you use! Also, if you use different ones for different reasons, explain why.

Damion

I have a Canon 60D and a few lenses, I mainly use my 50mm and my 70-300mm telezoom. So one is for being up close and the other is to take photos of the chameleons from far away, which usually stresses them out less (especially the Meller's, who show the black spots of disapproval the second they see the camera.)

Similar to Olimpia, I use a 40D with a few different lenses. A 24-70mm for the close range stuff and a 70-200mm for the far stuff. My 100mm macro is also fun for closeups.

Canon Rebel XTi.

Mostly a 50mm lens but if I so desired I could break out my zoom lens (haven't used that in such a long time I can't even remember how big it is xD)definitely not a SUPER special camera as its an older model but I love it :) still has good quality too.

I use a Canon 7D with a number of lenses. For chameleons I usually use the 100mm f2.8 macro (non-L) for sharpness, I would also use my 17-85 and 50mm 1.4. I really love the 100mm macro, it is an amazing lens at its price.

I have a Canon 60D and a few lenses, I mainly use my 50mm and my 70-300mm telezoom. So one is for being up close and the other is to take photos of the chameleons from far away, which usually stresses them out less (especially the Meller's, who show the black spots of disapproval the second they see the camera.)

I have the 50D with the battery grip, which makes the camera much bigger, and heavier, but I only need to recharge twice a year!

The lenses are what costs the big bucks!!

Camera it's self is only as good as the lens you use, so it amuses me to see people spend a few grand on a camera body, then get cheap with the lenses :rolleyes:

I have the 50D with the battery grip, which makes the camera much bigger, and heavier, but I only need to recharge twice a year!

The lenses are what costs the big bucks!!

Camera it's self is only as good as the lens you use, so it amuses me to see people spend a few grand on a camera body, then get cheap with the lenses :rolleyes:

Mine too! I shot an event once with the camera, the battery grip, my Canon Speedlight, AND my lens (which I think was a 70-200mm? Maybe a little smaller, I don't remeber) and it weighed like (and occupied the same space as) a small child. It was ridiculous holding it lol

That's definitely true about the lenses. I'm still building up my collection of lenses, next on my list is a macro lens.

I also have a 60D with a couple of lenses. I'm really looking forward to some photo shoots once I get a panther :)

Canon t3i rebel.. always stuck with canon, although nikon is doing some awesome stuff recently as well.. although I have to admit, my all time favorite camera... HTC One M8... lol

Back
Top Bottom