What cage do I need for a veil???

My guy is about 3 months old, he is in a 16x16x30. I have 24x24x48 that he wil go in, in a few months. Both cages are from Bluebeast, which are great.

I'm going to buy mine off ebay but is there any thing I should really look at in buying full screen cages?

if you are buying a screen cage now. I would buy a big one just to save $ in the long run. It is important for a cham cage to be tall rather than long. For a full grown you need atleast 3 ft tall by 2 ft. I would go just a tad bigger than that though for good messure. Make sure it is full screen or mesh and stay away from glass.

For a 48x24x24 do I still put the substrate stuff on the ground and this the cage I'm buying.

Last edited:
some people can really be jerks on hear. i think it is just fine to keep a young veiled in a aquarium but after 4 at the most 5 months i would be getting a screen cage.my chameleons seem to be extremely healthy i have been dealing with all sorts of reptiles for about 20 years now and have never had a problem. so the aquarium is fine for now but as it gets older get a screen cage and make sure you have good lighting. lighting is SO important i cant stress that enough. you can pick up a real simple screen cage at pet smart or your local pet store for around 30 40 bucks. anyway good luck and chams are addictive so if you get another one make sure you keep it in a separate cage. again good luck:D

Matt

In my cage right now I use use substrate but will I need it in a 48x24x24 big screen cage?

24x24x48 is perfect for an adult veiled or Panther.
Bigger is always better, but it doesn't need to be any bigger than this.
No substrate is recommended in old world chameleon enclosures no matter whether they are glass or screen.
The main concern is the cham ingesting substrate and becoming impacted.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom